Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our Last Day



Last night was our last night in the Siesta Key area. Sob!!!

We ate at a restaurant called Dry Dock, hands down my favorite place to eat in the Sarasota area. They specialize in melt in your mouth seafood. I think I might be getting hungry again.

What other restaurant brings you bug spray so you don't get bit by mosquito's? We sat outside so the kids could watch the boats coming and going. They were in little boy heaven.

The best part of the night for them was when a very kind man gave them a tour of his boat. Thank you sir, you just made my children's whole day. The smiles on their faces were priceless.

The only complaint I have about this whole vacation is that since I'm pregnant I am only supposed to eat 12 oz. of seafood a week.

Surely you joke, association of ob/gyn's. I have been waiting three years to eat fresh from the ocean seafood.

Let's just say I enjoyed every bite of my 12 oz. allowance. I may have ate 14 oz. Shhh!

After dinner, of course we had to stop at our favorite ice cream shop. What's vacation if you don't eat unnecessary calories?

The ice cream at Kilwins is yuuuuuuuuuummy!! They are always busy and crowded, and every time we have been there it's been a loooong line. So worth it though.

I have a doctor's appointment next week where they will be checking my weight. Two days after vacation. Sigh. I may need to reschedule.

Now, it's on to packing suitcases and holding on to the memories we made this week. It really has been a very fun-filled vacation. The boys were at the perfect age to enjoy this vacation. Alex, who especially lives life with passion and gusto, was busy running from one adventure to another.

Today we are visiting Sea World. On a busy Saturday. I must be crazy.

Tomorrow we head for home. Back to colder temperatures, laundry and cooking.

I guess all good things have to come to an end.






3 comments:

Keri said...

What an adorable picture!! I'm glad you had such an enjoyable vacation!

Keetha Broyles said...

That last picture would make a great post card!!! I LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

i m glad to be getting my friend back - but vacation ends always suck. Jeanne