Friday, February 25, 2011

Favorite Things

I feel this blog has been all pessimistic and gloom & doom as of late, so today I decided to list some of my favorite things of this past week:

1. Dry Shampoo




Now you should know that until this past week I was a washmyhaireveryday kind of girl. Then (cue Hallelujah chorus) I found this cute little bottle by Tresemme.


Seriously...best.thing.ever. Now, every other day the morning routine is much simpler...and I love the way it makes my hair smell.


Did I mention it's only $5 at target?

Sigh...I puffy heart target.

ETA: A few people have asked so I should clarify. I tried the waterless foam for dry/curly hair and loove it (I didn't realize until after I posted that the bottle looks a little different than the picture I posted). It doesn't leave a white residue for me. Hope this helps!

2. A "day off" tomorrow!

Tomorrow...the hubby is babysitting parenting and I get to spend the day with a friend. Eating a hot meal without feeding anyone and wiping up spills. Not worrying about whether I'm spending enough time or doing enough therapy with Bella. No fights with the boys!

Instead I'm planning on adult conversation, starbucks and some shopping. Maybe, I'll even use dry shampoo in the morning. Nothing like living on the edge.


3. Yelling at the boys to "not run in the house".


Yes, you read that right. I was getting so tired of reminding them of this all the time. We've had two snow days and a school delay this week, and we're all tired of winter. Then, I realized how lucky that I CAN yell at the boys to not run. They are able to run, jump, skip, and act crazy. That's a wonderful thing. I hope can't wait until I can yell at Bella for running in the house. Amazing how perspective can change.


4. A sweet, unexpected card in the mail from a friend that they are thinking of us. Some days, I feel all alone and so discouraged. I really can't tell you how much the cards, texts, emails have meant to me the past few weeks.


5. This smile:




Need I say more?

6. A therapist's advice this week. I can't say it the way she said it, but basically-If there wouldn't have been an EEG, we would be so excited and hopeful at the progress Bella is making in therapy. Just because, we have a big, new scary word to add to Bella's chart doesn't mean, well anything different. We're still doing the same things, and BELLA IS STILL MAKING PROGRESS. A new scary word doesn't change any of that.

7. These Guys:


Pj's, bedhead, and all-I love these guys. Even though they exasperate me daily (sometimes hourly). I love being their mom.

That's my list. What are some of your favorite things this week?



4 comments:

Keri said...

I use that stuff, too! It rocks.

I LOVE your attitude about the boys running...perspective changes everything.

One of my favorite things is the Marriage Enrichment Weekend our church does every year. And it just so happens to be THIS WEEKEND. Two nights in a hotel with my hubby, surrounded by all our friends...and NO children. Ahhhh I can't wait! :)

Ruth V said...

Hi Well these snow days are making me a little crazy because the training center makes them up in June and my son is getting married in PA on June 11 so the snow day makeups are now to his rehearsal day which i will now need and want to take off so i can head to Pa!!! But usally i enough our days off and sometimes i get a few things done and days like today not so much cause i'm on fb!! LOL I love your blogs and how you put things!! Your a wonderful person and Mom!!! Don't ever forget that!!! Hope to see Bella soon!!

Miriam Graham said...

Great perspective on life! Sometimes it takes effort to find the positive in our daily lives but you are succeeding at that. Thanks for the shampoo tip. Long ago, I used some kind of powder but I was not impressed. I have oily hair so I have to wash often.

Keetha Broyles said...

But, does that dry shampoo help all the bed head hair going every which way but loose?

And why didn't anyone ever tell ME about it???

;-)