I can't sleep because of this pesky little nauseous feeling, so I thought instead of lying awake watching the minutes pass, I'd do something productive.
What, you don't think blogging is productive? Surely, you're joking.
These are some pictures from a few weekends ago that I never got around to posting. I think it had something to do with internet and electricity problems.
We went to a neighboring county fair. I love this fair, my parents used to take me as a child every year. I'm a little biased, but I think it's one of the best county fairs around.
Most of our time (and money) was spent in the ride section.
We also spent lots of time in the tractor section.
We were there riding tractor after tractor for over an hour.

This is the only picture I have. After walking to the other end of the fair for a bathroom for Alex I was grumpy. Especially since it was a false alarm. At least he's potty trained, I shouldn't even complain.
But it was annoying.

Me: "Hey Alex, look at what's over here." Lord have mercy. Distract him quickly!

Our family also participated in a JDRF walk a few weeks ago, to raise money to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. Some of our good friends have a child that was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of three.
"M-o-mmmm. It's soooo embarassing when you keep taking pictures."

They were also showing the Budweiser Clydesdale's. If you've never seen these horses in person, they are beautiful! Alex was the photographer during this part. This is a sampling of what happens when you let a three year old control the camera.
Alex: "ha ha ha ha" (laughing loudly and pointing), "Why do those horses have b--tts that hang down to their legs? Mine doesn't do that."
Me: "Hey Alex, look at what's over here." Lord have mercy. Distract him quickly!
Our family also participated in a JDRF walk a few weeks ago, to raise money to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. Some of our good friends have a child that was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of three.
"M-o-mmmm. It's soooo embarassing when you keep taking pictures."
Alex: "Drew, what is she doing?"
Drew: "Just smile quick, then it'll be over"

6 comments:
Your boys get up at 6:30?? My goodness I would die. hahaha! :) Did you get your nap today?
c'mon, c'mon when are you gonna tell us what you're feeling squeamish about??
Keri-it varies between 6:30 and 7:30. It's very frustrating: when one sleeps in, the other is always up early; and I am NOT a morning person! I got a little nap. Tomorrow Drew has school, and Alex takes two hour naps USUALLY so I am definitely taking advantage of that! :)
Jeanne-a comment!!!!!!!! I am soooo impressed. :) Stay tuned. Next week for sure (after Tues)!
Like everybody hasn't figured it out already. :)
The offer is still good for babysitting tom if you are in a pinch.
I rather like Alex's view of the Clydesdale!!!
I don't think blogging in the wee hours is so strange - - - I do it nearly daily!
Seriously, when do you sleep? No wonder your blog title is "coffee in my cup." Love you!
Post a Comment