Friday, September 19, 2008

Seriously...?

Do you ever those days or weeks where you think God may be trying to get your attention?

I think I'm having one of those. What's he trying to tell me?

I think he's trying to tell me I'm too dependent on technology and electricity. Maybe he's trying to tell me I spend too much time on the internet.

Umm...let's go with the first theory.

Our internet server (is that the right term?), has crashed. I can't check email, send email, or connect to the internet. The worst part? I can't BLOG!

Of course, the technical guys can't come and take a look until at least Tuesday. I have a bad feeling this may turn into the fiasco we had when we moved. Then, we called in December to get our internet connected and for various reasons (don't even get me started), we were unable to get connected until the end of February.

C'mon people. I stay at home and talk to five and three year old little men all day long. The hubby, while I love him, is not the greatest conversationalist. (love ya, honey!) While I love what I do, there are times I need a little glimpse of what is going on in the world. Email and the internet (yes, blogs), help me to feel well...connected.

Pathetic? Maybe. But it works for me! When the kids go to bed at night, that's my time to relax and unwind.

Good thing The Office season premiere is coming on this week.

So, I'll be back, hopefully Tuesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, maybe I'll try to listen and see what God is trying to teach me.


If you're wondering how I was able to write this, I bribed the husband to let me sneak out to a local coffee shop for an hour. Unless I can make it home in under a minute (not possible), I think I may be in trouble!

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Hey- - - I'm RIGHT THERE WITH YA!!! I'm the one who dragged her lappy on vacation and went into town EVERY DAY to sit in (or even in front of) the library just to stay "connected" with her blogging world, remember!?!

Here's an idea - - - THE LIBRARY!!! You can take your little guys there for a "field trip." They can become absorbed in the wonders of the children's room while YOU blog on the computer bank.

;-)