We were ALONE! For twenty-four hours! Without kids!
I think I can count on one hand the number of times we have done this since Drew was born. My sister graciously offered to watch the boys and we celebrated a belated anniversary/birthday.
We stayed here and ate here and here.
Yes, I think I probably gained ten pounds, thank you very much. The hotel was nice, but really, do we have to charge 23/night for parking? C'mon people.
It was refreshing to get away and spend some time together, just the two of us. We had a leisurely dinner filled with adult conversation. Although, yes, the conversation did revolve around the kids. We slept in (now that's my love language), and did some shopping (wait, maybe that's my love language...).
I realized how much fun it is to get away with my husband, even if it's only for twenty four hours. He makes me laugh, listens to my ramblings, and is just a lot of fun to be with.
Even better though, is coming home to two boys who give sticky kisses and big hugs.
I really am truly, truly blessed.

1 comment:
Looks like a very FUN get-away. I vote for the sleeping in and the food part!!!
Post a Comment