I'm not sure anyone still reads this blog, since it's been, ahem, four months since I've updated.
Good grief.
One of the reasons I blog though, is to have a way to remember our family's story: the good, the bad, the unexpected, the joys.
The last few days have certainly tested my patience and strength, and made me realize how much I LOVE boring, uneventful evenings at home.
The last five days have been spent in the hospital with Bella, in room #5722, as she recovers from bronchiolitis and pneumonia. With the low muscle tone, I always worry more when Bella gets sick. This time getting sick led to a hospital stay and sloooow recovery period.
We're getting there though. As I sit here blogging my little girl with the wild curls is sleeping peacefully beside me, oxygen free for the first time in five days.
God is good. Even if I don't understand him. My list of questions for him someday keeps getting longer.
So, hopefully tonight will be our last night in the hospital. Good riddance uncomfortable beds, numerous interruptions in the middle of the night, and beeping monitors.
I'm ready to spend the next few nights not worrying about oxygen levels, snuggling with all three kids, cleaning up dinner, helping with homework, and folding the never ending laundry.
I'll take boring and uneventful any day of the week. I may even pack the hubby's lunch without complaining.

4 comments:
Oh, Julie!! I'm crying because I can see your hurt between the lines, as you are putting on a brave face. I wish I could come sit with you and keep you company!
Your little Bella is an absolute DOLL!!! Her hair is AWESOME!
I have some laundry here you could fold, if you miss it THAT MUCH!! :) hehehe
I had no idea. Glad to hear you are back home.
That little Bella is so beautiful and I am so glad you are back home - even if it meant I had to eat leftovers for dinner rather than Chipotle as I had planned (was combining it with my visiting you both.lol) Sleep well!
Oh Julie!!!! Somehow I MISSED your Christmas post, so I'll go down there and look at it next.
Bella is just a doll - - - even with the passie and the nasal canula!!!! Just LOOK at her.
I think of you often - - - and love you a lot.
Wish we were closer so we could come sit with you (like Keri said) in the hospital, and soooooo glad you're going home.
Post a Comment