Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat!

I have a tiny confession.


Before we had kids, I never liked Halloween.


I guess I never saw the point. Growing up we never went trick-or-treating (unless you count the one time we dressed up as ghosts and went to bribe candy off our grandparents).


Remember that, Mom? I think I wore a white sheet with two holes cut out for eyes.



Yep, we went all out that year. (Just kidding mom, I remember it being a lot of fun!)


Back to my point-Do I have one? Once we had kids, Halloween suddenly seemed a lot more appealing. The kids love dressing up, it's fun to see what they want to be each year, and did I mention the FREE candy?!


This year our little tribe consisted of a Nascar driver (Tony Stewart), an Air Force pilot, and a little monkey.





The boys ready to fill their baskets!




Our little monkey






She loves her costume, can't you tell?








The kids had a blast! We went to a neighboring town for trick-or-treating and then met up with some friends for an impromptu pizza party. It was coooold walking around for an hour and a half in 40 deg weather.

Thank goodness for friends who had a hot cup of coffee waiting for us when we were done! Thanks Jeanne! Thanks also for letting us barge into your home and invite ourselves to supper!

Because we are gluttons for punishment, we decided to take the kids to a trunk and treat at a local church after that.

30+ cars for the kids to trick or treat from- without walking from one end of town to the other -plus hot drinks and food for the adults. Now that's my idea of trick or treating.

Yes, I am sold on the trunk and treating.





Even Tony Stewart needs a break now and then.

This is what happens on the way home from Grandma's house after a long day of trick or treating (Yes, that is Drew's head underneath the green blanket).


If only these pictures could capture the snoring sounds that were coming from the back seat.

For once I actually thought ahead and took pajamas along.








This was the little monkey at the same time the boys were snoring. You didn't honestly expect her to be asleep, did you? Everyone knows little monkeys can't possibly go to bed at 10:00. Sigh....


At least I have the hope of an extra hour tonight! Thank you daylight savings time!



2 comments:

Katrina said...

That was so sweet of Alex to give me a piece of his candy today! :) What a sacrifice ha ha. Have I told you I love your kids?? :).

Anonymous said...

It was very good fun - and I am still not a very big fan of Halloween. It was super cool how it all worked out for supper. It will have to be a tradition!!
Jeanne