Monday, September 14, 2009

Preschool!

Where to start? I am a blogging failure anymore.


I'm behind on blogging and reading blogs. If I haven't commented on your blog lately, it's not because I don't love you, it's because I'm just...tired...so very, very tired....



Enough about all that. Sheesh.



Alex started preschool last week. To say he was excited would be an understatement. When Alex was two, he would go with me twice a week to drop Drew off and pick him up. Every time he would ask "when can I go to preschool?"



Finally, finally, finally it was his big day. He is an afternoon class, and I can't even tell you how many times that day he asked me if it was time to go yet.



The plus side to having afternoon preschool is that lunch is not a problem. No longer do I have to keep saying "eat, take another bite, eat, stop messing around, eat, five more bites, eat, keep your hands to yourself, eat.....(am I the only mom that has to say these things?)



Nope, last Tuesday Alex's lunch plate was clean in about 5.2 seconds.



Here is the big preschooler all ready to go:









The most exciting part of preschool? He finally gets to carry his VERY OWN backpack (with his name on it no less)!




I wish I would have taken a picture of the strutting that was happening on the way into the classroom.

Yes, oh yes, there was some major strutting going on.



The good news for Alex is that the majority of his class is girls. And we all know how much Alex likes girls...



Maybe we should all say a few prayers for his teacher, Mrs. Rennie.



Oh, my dear Alex-
you are growing up so fast! I just want to freeze time and keep you four years old. You make me laugh everyday. I love your zeal for life and your energy. I'm so glad you finally get to go preschool-you've been waiting so long! I love you forever and ever and ever, and to the moon and back.
-Mommy.






2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That's a GREAT first.

I finally remembered to give Bella's picture to Keri.

Maria said...

oh you brought tears to my eyes...I know exactly how you feel about Alex going to preschool. I remember so vividly going through it with Ian and then all over again when he went to kindergarten. Does it get easier?