Unfortunately, you can only play the newborn card for so long. It's high time to whip this house into shape!
I should say that I LOVE having an organized, clean house and actually I tend to get a little grumpy if things aren't picked up and the house at least LOOKS presentable. The problem is, cleaning isn't my favorite activity.
I mean, honestly, there are sooooo many more fun things that I could be doing.
So, in the spirit of procrastination I thought I would list my five LEAST FAVORITE chores: (I'm sure everybody is on the edge of their seats).
1. Emptying the dishwasher. Ugh. Hate it. I suppose this would be a great chore for Drew, but I usually empty it in the morning when he's eating breakfast, and I'm not sure it would be worth all the fussing I would have to endure. I guess I could just hand wash them all (right, mom?) ha ha.
2. Cleaning the shower. Blech. Enough Said.
3. Ironing. Boring, boring, boring. This list is making me depressed.
4. Cleaning the hardwood floors. I LOVE how the floors look when they are done, but the process...not so much. I suppose if I didn't insist on cleaning them by hand, it wouldn't be so bad.
5. Packing Craig's lunch. I know this technically isn't a household chore, but I. DREAD. THIS. CHORE. It's such a pain to me-usually I have the kitchen all cleaned up from dinner and then I have to remember to pack a lunch, AND I have to remember to have food to put in the lunch. Yep, that helps if there's actually food to pack. Craig and I did make a deal that if I pack his lunch he'll make coffee for me in the morning. I'm starting to think he got the better part of that deal...
Anybody else have things around the house they hate to do? Please tell me I'm not the only one! I'm off to pack a lunch...sigh....
Quote of the day:
Alex: Daddy is so, so, so cool!!!!
Me: What's mommy? Boring?
Alex: Well, you may be boring, but I still love you.
Words that will melt a mother's heart.
4 comments:
Yep, I would hand wash those dishes but I definitely would NOT handwash the floors. We've had this conversation before. ha ha --Mom
People still iron?!? I don't know if I even OWN an iron! HA!
The two things I hate to do more than anything are: FOLDING LAUNDRY and CLEANING THE BATHROOM!! If you were to show up unexpected (or even if you announced your visit...) you would find a not-so-clean bathroom and a pile of laundry needing folded. Guaranteed. And I have no excuse, except I hate doing them and therefore they get put off until I just absolutely can't put them off any longer.
Cooking and cleaning
Can wait 'till tomorrow,
'Cause babies grow up
We've learned to our sorrow.
So hush-a-bye cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep!
'Cause I'm rockin' my baby
And babies don't keep!
I so totally agree with the ironing, cleaning the shower, and cleaning the hardwood floors! Well maybe ironing isn't so bad IF I lug all the stuff to the living room and there's a really good show on TV.
So sorry about the lunch deal, his mother so spoiled him!! I am not that nice, just ask Ken :D sheila
Post a Comment