Does it help that I have contractions all. the. time. or that I haven't been able to sleep more than 3 hours a night?
See, it's just like having a newborn around here-minus the cuteness, crying, feeding, and oh yeah-a real, live baby.
Patience...it's not a strong suit of mine lately.
So...here are some pictures of what we've been doing the last few days.
Drew had his first Tball game.
It was about 50 degrees and windy that night, but the cold weather didn't seem to stop the fun for the five and six year olds.
I love Tball!
Where else can you watch as the entire team runs to the outfield for one lone ball or see numerous players playing in the dirt?
Poor Alex has been rained out the last two Monday nights he's had games. He's convinced that he'll NEVER get to play Tball like his older brother.
I can only imagine how entertaining a team of ten three year olds will be.
The weather in our area was BEAUTIFUL this weekend, so I decided to rush the season a bit and get out the "little" pool for the kids. (Keri, Craig completely agrees with you about the warm weather!)
They loved it, but kept asking why we can't just uncover the "big" pool and go swimming in there.
Umm...probably because it's about twenty degrees in the water and your mother has funny ideas about her kids turning blue and getting frostbite.
Once they figured out they could still have water fights, they both decided the "little" pool wasn't all bad.
Which of course, inevitably leads to someone crying, lots of "it's not fair" and finally the famous "I'm not playing with you ever again."
Right.
Saturday night we decided to have a special family night with the boys, since we'll never be a family of just the four of us again. (Well, eventually we won't).
We took the kids miniature golfing and then went to their favorite restaurant Hot Rod City.
They have lots of automobile memorabilia and old cars that the boys love. The food is mediocre and you definitely pay for the atmosphere, but that's a completely different story.
They have lots of automobile memorabilia and old cars that the boys love. The food is mediocre and you definitely pay for the atmosphere, but that's a completely different story.
Of course we would have picked the evening when they had a live Elvis impersonator performing a show the entire time we were there. To say it was loud would be an understatement.
Every time he would start another song Drew would put his head in his hands and cover his ears.
I honestly can't say I blamed him.
The true test of whether they had fun (even with the Elvis impersonator)? Both boys were asleep by the time we came home and didn't wake up till the next morning.
I wish I could say the same!

4 comments:
You have a REAL pool?!? Well if I had a real pool I might like hot summers better. :)
Keri-TRUST ME it was never my intention to have a "real" pool-it came with the house. I can't even swim for pete's sakes! I like to refer to it as a money-pit. I'm sure that when the kids get older I'll enjoy it more, but it scares me that there's 8ft of water the kids could drown in and I couldn't save them.
On the plus side, we don't have air conditioning, so it is nice on hot days (if I can stop panicking). You are invited to come over this summer and play in the pool! (Can you swim?!)
Julie - - - just ask Keri about being on the swim team!
Sorry Keri, couldn't resist that.
Looks like you had a great weekend. Hope the little one shows up SOON.
I'm so excited to meet the baby..tell it to hurry! Of course, it must be a laidback one like Drew. :) I'm assuming you're not getting my texts..either that or you're really good at ignoring me. :)
Post a Comment