Read the following post at your own risk. Its whiny, not filled with joy, and did I mention whiny? Thanks for letting me vent!
Where have I been you ask? Well, I have two little words for you.
No internet.
Really, is anybody surprised? Add together the temperature being below twenty degrees and a snowstorm, and of course our internet will quit working.
Honestly, I'm starting to lose some (ok, a lot) of my winter joy.
I'm sorry Keetha. I've been trying. Really.
But it's just been a very. long. week.
It all started Sunday heading to church. I really can't talk about it yet, it's still too humiliating. Let's just say we made it to church, but not into church and leave it at that. I'm thinking a lot of my joy left that Sunday along with my dignity.
Actually, it makes for a great story so I may post the story later this week. Let me just get into church this Sunday first, instead of visiting the labor and delivery unit.
I'm just saying...
And let's not forget about the twentieth snowstorm of the season that we were pounded with Tues and Wed.
Counting delays, Drew has not had a full week of school since before Christmas. That's saying something, because in our district kindergarten is only every other day. I think he may have gone to preschool more than he is going to kindergarten right now.
I love having him home, but he's getting bored and is ready for more challenges, something more challenging than fighting with his brother and playing MarioKart wii.
Frankly, I'm just tired. Tired of snow, ice and cold.
So, Keetha-I'm trying. I know this will make me appreciate spring more. It has been fun playing more games, spending more time together, and just relaxing.
But please, can it end soon?
Please?
And please God, let me make it into church this Sunday with my pride intact.
6 comments:
I'm sorry about the labor and delivery early visit on Sunday morning - - - at least that's what I get from reading between the lines. And it is probably VERY true that NOT getting into church and into fellowship with your friends there did NOTHING to make your week FEEL better.
But while you wish for winter to end early, I keep hoping it will last until early March at least - - - in my experience, the more winterish the winter, the more summerish the summer - - - and as you know, I'm all about four distinct seasons.
Bundle those boys up and send them outside to play in said snow. That will cure their boredom. They don't NEED a four-wheeler and a sled to enjoy the snow. Make snowmen, snow forts, and tunnel through the piled up snow. That will be enough fun and energy expenditure to make them happy, tired, campers when they come indoors.
Keep your chin up - - - February is a very short month.
Thanks Keetha! Yes, you are right in reading between the lines. I will post about it later, because
Drew's reenactment of me falling on the ice is priceless. You gotta love kids!
Feb is a short month! Whoo-hoo!
I am hoping spring will be early this year-and that the storm they are predicting for early next week passes us by.
I'm FINALLY going shopping ALONE today, so I'm sure that will help the joy situation! Hoping to get some new baby stuff. :)
Ok, enough. Soon this will turn into it's very own post!
Hehehehehehe - - - its very own post!!
Enjoy the shopping outing.
I can relate to the internet thing now too - this is the first I've been on at home since tuesday - Oh heavens! Gotta love shopping therapy, I hope it helps. I'll be sure to ask Drew for the reinactment--but am so glad you and Baby Yoder are OK. Sheila
POOR JULIE!!!
Falling on the ice! Seriously! How awful! :(
THANK GOD you and your little precious cargo are ok!! (I'm assuming you're both ok??)
Julie!! Guess what..I got internet at my house so I can leave comments now! See, I really did have a valid excuse. I'm going to eventually get a blog too so you can be my one friend. Love you and hope you have a great day!
Post a Comment