Monday, January 19, 2009

Kids...They Keep You Humble

My boys love to tell me how much they're growing and how big they are getting. Usually this is how a typical conversation will go in our house:

Drew or Alex: "I think I grew last night in my bed."

Me: "WHAT!!!!! I thought I warned you about NO MORE GROWING!"

Drew or Alex: "Well....I still grew. Measure me!"

Me: after seeing how tall they are compared with myself. "That's it! We are not feeding you anymore. You are growing way, way too fast. You can only have candy from now on-that won't help you grow."

Drew/Alex: "But we'll still give you kisses. We'll get hungry with no food!"

Me: "Are you going to give me super-duper kisses or little baby ones?"

Drew/Alex: " SUPER-DUPER ONES!!!!!"

Me: "Ok, we'll still feed you! But, you still have to give me lots and lots of big kisses."

And on it goes...The other day however this conversation took on a slightly different twist.

Drew: "I'm growing a bunch."

Me: "What!!! Why is everybody growing so much in this house? Didn't I tell you guys not to grow anymore?"

Drew: "Well, we're not growing as much as you. Your belly is growing really big and fat."

What?!! That's not how the conversation is supposed to go!

Maybe I'll have to promise him I'll still give him super-duper kisses.

I think I'll go eat some oreos now.




1 comment:

Keri said...

HAHA that's cute!! But see, your tummy is SUPPOSED to be growing...mine is NOT! I am not supposed to look pregnant when my baby is 7 months old.