Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day




It's New Year's Day and I just realized that I never posted pictures of Christmas Day.

Clearly, I've been living in a post holiday fog consisting of too much sugar and not enough motivation.


I've been thoroughly enjoying the holiday fog though.


This year my side of the family celebrated Christmas at our house. Every year my mom usually hosts the festivities, and goes above and beyond to give us a special Christmas.. I really wanted to give her the year off this year, and let her be a guest for once.


I hope I succeeded, at least a little bit.


So, because things were slightly crazy Christmas morning, I really didn't get any pictures of our little family opening presents. That was probably partly due to the fact that the kids opened their gifts in stages. They opened one or two Christmas morning, some while my family was here, and some in the evening.


I like to think we were spreading Christmas out over the whole day. I'm pretty sure that won't work next year though when the kids are older.


We did have a treasure hunt for the boys in the morning with the end result being a Wii. They weren't sure what it was all about at first, but trust me, have figured it out this week. They love playing Mario Kart.


I have to say though, if Alex drives like he does on Mario Kart when he's sixteen, there is one parent who WON'T be riding along with him.


But I digress.


Here are some (belated) pictures of our day.


The table, waiting for the guests


The entire family, except for Craig who was taking the picture.



After lunch we opened presents and ate some more.


You think I'm kidding don't you? You see that table we ate lunch at? Yep, it was filled with snacks for the afternoon.


You know, just in case anybody was hungry.


It just wouldn't be Christmas with my family without lots of candy and cookies nobody is hungry for (but eats anyway).


Alex, with a gift my sister brought home from Russia. (You spin it and the chickens "eat" their food).



Thank you Grandpa for this gift- a hat with lights. The boys love them. I caught Drew under the covers the other afternoon with it on reading a book (while he was supposed to be taking a nap).


The person responsible for the gift-my dad. Apparently, the hat also makes Alex pose as a tough dude.


The boys had been begging to open these gifts for days. They looked huge in the basement. Yes, they were toys I had bought at a garage sale earlier in the summer. Hey, they won't know the difference, right? $5 for a Rescue Heroes boat and pirate ship? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!


Trying to figure out what exactly it was


Alex, where are you going??
The pirate ship:
I think the gifts were a hit!
It was a fun, exhausting day!


And I think everyone got enough to eat!

No comments: