Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Cornhole" Christmas

I have Christmas pictures to upload and blog, but am still feeling the effects of too much turkey and apple dumplings.

In other words, I'm just too lazy to go through them, crop them and post them right now.

We had a wonderful Christmas filled with family, laughter, gifts, and of course, lots of food.

My side of the family exchanges names each year, and two of the names we picked out of the hat this year were my dad and my brother.

Sigh.

Not only are they the hardest people to buy for in the family, they also don't give you any ideas or have a wish list.

"I don't know" is the standard answer when asked what they would like, or my personal favorite "whatever you think".

It sure doesn't give one much to work with.

Craig came up with the idea to make them both Cornhole games this year. Can I just tell you how nice it is to have a husband who is multi-talented?!

Craig enjoys woodworking and building things. He's made bookshelves for the kids, train tables and numerous other things over the years. In fact, I think he's beginning to dread Pottery Barn magazines coming in the mail. My wish list of things for him to build from that magazine keeps growing.

The only problem with this talent is that he has a regular job, a wife that likes him home in the evenings, and kids that love his attention. Oh, and since we moved, he doesn't have electricity in his shop.

Needless to say, my wish list keeps growing, but he really doesn't have the time or the set-up to make anything.

But this Christmas, he spent several evenings and Saturdays making these:



I'm so proud of him! I think the hubby did a great job!

Now, if only he had the time to finish my wish list...


Ironically, Craig's dad is also making some for us as part of our Christmas present. (I'd post pictures but they aren't done yet).



3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Corn Hole is HUGE around here!!!! I've never played myself, but it is a big time favorite in Indiana back yards in the summer.

Tell Craig his look GREAT except that OSU logo thing. ;-)

Julie said...

Keetha-that reminds me: I meant to put this "message" from Craig in my post but forgot! The other day he said to be sure and tell you that he will GLADLY make you an OSU one! :) He was sure you would love it!

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL - - - he's SUCH a funny man!!!