Monday, November 3, 2008

Time Flies

Approximately one year ago:




Six months ago, in early April:





Late June:




Mid-October:




What has happened to my boys? When did they grow up?

I love the ages of the boys and the stages they are in right now. (As soon as I say that though, I'll have an extremely trying day tom!)

I'm trying to soak them all in while I can, but I see them changing every day. Looking back over these pictures the other night really made me realize how much they've grown in a year.

That's not necessarily bad. Thank goodness Alex isn't wearing diapers anymore, and thank heavens Drew is out of the "talking back" phase (for now).

But, for me, it is bittersweet. I want to remember Alex and his cuddles (more on that in a future post), and I want to savor every moment of Drew's cute little smile without his two front teeth.

Really, I just want to freeze time, if only for a little while. I want to cherish the moments and days that my boys think their daddy holds the moon. I want to relish their sticky early morning kisses and their peaceful faces as they sleep.

Most of all, I want to remember how very, very blessed I am.


Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
(Psalm 100, New Living Translation)

2 comments:

Keri said...

I feel the same way!!! Something I've been learning is, every single stage has it's own parts to be treasured and savored. So if we stopped time, we would miss out on what's to come!! And...I STILL think my Daddy holds the moon and I'm 32 years old. :) So that may never go away.

Julie said...

Keri-That is a great perspective! I need to remember that. BTW: We are the same age-although some days I feel MUCH older. :)