Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Originally tonight, I had intended to take Keetha's challenge and blog ten honest things about myself.

But seriously, I'm exhausted. I didn't realize how tired until just now when I snuggled under the covers and attempted to blog.

Alex has been sick all week long. I know it's only Wednesday, but it's been a loooong week of dealing with vomiting and fevers. At least he seems to be better (he must be, he's picking all sorts of fights with his brother), and is sleeping in his OWN bed tonight. There's nothing that defines restful sleep quite like being kicked all night by a three year old. Last night the hubby took his turn sleeping with him, and I ended up sleeping in Alex's bunk beds.

Let's just say bunk beds are made for people under the age of twenty-one. In case anyone was wondering, the top bunk still holds me at four months pregnant, thank you very much.

Besides being exhausted, I also took a tylenol with codeine to help with the arthritis flare-ups I've been having. (I'm so blaming those bunk beds!) I'm thinking when I'm tired and under the effects of a narcotic, it may be a little risky to do a meme about myself.

And I have my alarm set for 1:00am to try and snag a "Black Friday" deal at Best Buy for a Christmas present. According to their website some prices take effect Thursday morning online. I'm all about saving money if I can, but I am a bit skeptical. I'll let you know if it actually works.

So, instead, I'll save the honesty meme for later this week. I promise I won't forget, Keetha! I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving and eats plenty of turkey. This year I'm counting my blessings for many reasons: my boys, a new baby on the way, friends, and family to name a few. I'd also like to thank my friends who read this blog (and occasionally comment, ha), and the friends I have made in blog land that I would never have "met" otherwise (that's you Keetha and Keri!). I love you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!






5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I CERTAINLY understand the exhausted part!!! I didn't even post anything about Thanksgiving - - - didn't even get my camera out while the 21 people were here milling around eating and chatting.

We did have a great day tough,

And I am THANKFUL!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh yah, and Julie - - - we love you too!!!! We've said we want to meet you in person, and I think we may just have to work on a plan for that this summer!!!

Keri said...

Awww what a week for you!!! UGH I hate vomiting. No seriously, like I have a paranoia (don't I, Mom??) LOL!!!

So did you get up and go to Best Buy or order online?? Did it work???? I hope you got your deal! And I hope my latest post doesn't offend you. LOL! :)

We do love you, too! :)

Julie said...

Keri-Oh no, no no. There is NO GOOD REASON for me to get out of bed at 1:00am and go somewhere, even if it involves shopping! I ordered online. I did get my deal, but the deal wasn't posted until sometime WAY after 1:00. I ordered it Thanksgiving morning. Next time I'll know NOT to set my alarm!

I'm not offended by your post-ha ha! I have actually never gone shopping on black Friday until last night, when a group of us went to the outlet mall at 11:00. INSANE CRAZY, people were out shopping. I was home in bed by 2:30. I'll blog about it soon!

Keetha-I would LOVE to meet you guys! Please, can it not involve a campground, though?! ha ha!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - and here I thought a campground would be the ideal place!!!