Monday, November 24, 2008

New Bunk Beds

The other week, we gave Alex one of his Christmas presents early. I really, really wanted to wait until Christmas, but he just didn't fit in his toddler bed anymore.

Alex is three and has been in the 100th percentile for height since he was a baby. His legs were literally hanging out of his little tikes race car bed. Not to mention, the covers didn't even reach halfway up his chest anymore.

Optimistically, I thought this was probably the reason he was waking up at 6:00 am every morning. He was cold, right?

Let's just say he now has a bed with lots of covers and STILL is waking up at 6:00 am each morning.

No, it doesn't matter what time he goes to bed. My kids are just naturally early morning risers. Thank you very much, Craig. That trait is definitely from you.

Here are some pictures of the new bunk beds. They are a definite hit to say the least. Alex has claimed the top bunk for himself, but is perfectly content to let his brother have the bottom bunk.

I finally had to establish some ground rules though. No sharing a room on school nights! Alex was waking Drew up (at 6:00 of course) , telling him it was morning and time to get up. Not to mention all the talking and chattering happening at all hours of the night.

Seriously, now.






I've been laying down with Alex at bedtime to read him bedtime stories. Hopefully, the top bunk will support a nine month pregnant woman. If not, well...

Let's not go there.






4 comments:

Keri said...

HAHAHA!!!

My sister and I had bunk beds, too! Our dad made them!

Keetha Broyles said...

Is that Drew in the bottom picture, and what does he have on his head?

Julie said...

Keetha-It's Drew, and that's his PRECIOUS green blanket that he cannot go to sleep without. Actually, I think that blanket needs a post all it's own. I'll have to work on that.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, the way he has it draped over his head, I THOUGHT it was a cloth book cover - - - mostly because from time to time I have a student who hangs one from their head in class - - - you know - - - - just to liven things up a bit!!!!