Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Snow!



Winter is officially here in our part of the world.

Tuesday morning the kids were beyond excited to see a dusting of snow on the ground.


I think I've expressed my feelings for winter and snow previously. I AM working on that, though. Really. But, honestly, I just don't like being cold. Aren't you supposed to be hot when you're pregnant? I'm ready for those hormones to kick in anytime.


The kids know that "mommy does not like snow." Poor Alex, somehow has associated snow with Christmas. He keeps asking me in a sad little voice "But, but...are you still going to come to Christmas?"


Oh, my dear Alex. Yes, mommy will be here for Christmas, and all the other days of winter. Mommy is just whining. Please tell me you won't be in counseling for this in the future.


Bear with me, there is a point to this post. Somewhere.


The kids had a great time playing in the snow, and were convinced they had enough snow to build a snowman.



Notice the dusting of snow in the background. Needless to say, there is no snowman in our yard. I promised them there would be more snow in the coming months and then we daddy would build them a HUGE snowman.

There was however, enough snow to shovel the deck.

Yes, Alex, I will be coming to Christmas. I promise.

Maybe, just maybe, by the end of winter I'll actually be enjoying the snow.

It's good to have goals, right?




2 comments:

Keri said...

WOW!! That's a pretty good dusting! We haven't had much in the way of accumulation yet. But today it keeps snowing HUGE flakes off and on!

I LOVE the snow! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Associate snow with: days out of school, warm yellow glow of lamplight, hot chocolate, fun family times, sledding, ice skating, holiday spirit. You'll start to LOVE it.

We've had TWO such dustings here at my house - - - funny thing though, it was here on the north end of town, and nary a spot of accumulation at the south end of town where our school is. Strange!!!