Today, in an attempt to be productive, we decided to take the kids to Jungle Gardens. They enjoyed it and it was a nice change of pace.
I remember my parents taking me here as a child. I have to say, I don't think it's changed much or been updated in thirty years. I guess when they advertise on their website that it'll be a "memory of Florida days gone by" they aren't kidding. The website also stated that "not much has changed in sixty-eight years". I should have taken that seriously.
Luckily, we had a discount coupon that got us a free adult admission. (I love discounts!) On our coupon they were advertising a 250 lb, 12 foot african snake, the largest of it's kind in the world. Drew and Alex were beyond excited to see this snake. Can you guess what happened?
It wasn't there anymore. Which resulted in a major crisis for two little boys.
I guess some things have changed in sixty-eight years.
Jungle Gardens, please don't advertise animals if they are no longer in your care. There's nothing worse than looking as if you lied to two hot, hungry and grumpy little boys who have been promised to see an african snake that's "bigger than daddy"!
Ok, I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

No comments:
Post a Comment