Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cinderella


Sunday, our church finished up a six week series entitled "One month to live". To say the series was life-changing is an understatement.

For the closing song on Sunday the band performed Steven Curtis Chapman's song Cinderella, accompanied with a dance silhouette.

It was an unbelievable way to end this series. I think I speak for many people in attendance that this song was amazing and powerful. There were few dry eyes leaving the auditorium.

Personally, I know I don't have daughters (yet!), but during this song I kept thinking of relationships I hold dear in my life. I also kept thinking of the Chapman family who lost their four year old daughter shortly after this song was released.

And, I'm pregnant. The hormones are in full overdrive, thank you very much.

I posted the video of the closing song below. I hope it impacts you also!



Cinderella - 2008-10-26 from NewPointe Community Church on Vimeo.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello!!!! I finally found you!! I'm SO computer handicapped!! Anyway, I couldn't agree more about the "One Life To Live" series- it was truly life changing! The Cinderella finale was AMAZING! I had tears dripping and my hubby seemed to have "something in his eye" too I noticed. I'm so glad you have a link to the video, i'd love to see it again- 'tho it won't be the same as seeing it live. I can't wait to start reading your blogs, it'll be like catching up finally! Well I'd better run, Calihan is up to no good!

Julie said...

Denise-I'm so glad you found me!! I miss all you guys so much! I'm glad I can talk to you in church at least (even if it is only 5 min)! Thank you for the comment. I hesitated posting the video, because I knew it wouldn't be the same, but it was such a beautiful song!

Come back again! I love comments!
:)

Anonymous said...

We miss you too! We reminisce about "the good old days" with you!
I hope I'll get to see you some at church, 'tho it seems I'm always rushing somewhere when I'm there! Would it be ok if I shared your blog with Emily? If not, that's ok. She misses you terribly, she's cut back to 2 days a week now. We're swinging into full flu craziness right now! Talk to you later!

Julie said...

You are silly!! Of course you can share my blog with Em. I really don't care who knows about it. At first I was a little secretive about it, because I thought people wouldn't understand, but I'm soo over that now! I really enjoy blogging. I actually saw Em in the drive thru at Der Bake Oven the other week (I am having major soup cravings with this preg). She was on the phone, and I texted her "hey are you in front of me?" She never answered and prob. wondered later who in the world sent her that text message! ha ha!
Hey, BTW are you guys having mist at the flu clinic? Will there be any left if I just come to the health dept? Last time I promised the kids they wouldn't have to get a shot and could just get mist and then when we got there, there was no mist. GRR. Mommy did not earn any brownie points that night! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, sorry it took so long to answer... I have to fight off my 13 yr old and hubby for the computer!! I'm pretty sure we still have some mist left- we'll put some back for you if you want... I won't be back in the clinic until Thurs but just call Dawn & she'll hook your boys up! That's pretty funny 'bout Em, I'll have to ask her about the strange text!