Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Swiss Festival



Every year a neighboring town hosts a festival complete with parades, rides, food, and lots and lots of cheese.

Yes, I said cheese.

The kids love going and it's fun to see friends that you normally only see once or twice a year. One of the kids favorite things is the parade.

Thank you very much Jeanne and Sarah for living right along the parade route. You saved us first class seats, and we didn't even have to put our chairs in a stranger's lawn the night before. Yes, people really do this. Never move, OK?

Here are some pics:



Drew admiring a brand new monster truck he received for his birthday.





Umm...mom? Are you sure there's going to be a parade?




Our hosts, whose lawn we crashed for the festivities.



I was supposed to get pics of my nephew marching in the parade.


Umm...oops...Sheila, I think he's behind the sign post.



Here you can see his left ear. He's the one in black.


Obviously, my sis-in-law will not be nominating me for any photography awards anytime soon.


I think I'll stick to watching the parade next time.



One of the Drew and Alex's favorite floats.

I think it had something to do with the John Deer tractor pulling it.




Yes, we even had dogs dressed up!



Later we walked down to the festival. Where Drew found this:


He'll be so proud one day.


Ironically, he milked a real goat on a kindergarten field trip the other day.


A blurry picture, but I really wanted to prove that Alex was there.


I don't know why I don't have any other pictures of him.



My only complaint? The parade participants were VERY stingy on candy!

Man, even parade candy is being affected by the economy.




5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I just posted a bloggy "love" award complete with blog bling for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Ah my nephews are so cute. Hope you have a great time in Florida!!

Keri said...

Looks like fun!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie - - - I'd like this tree (your header) planted in my front yard please. This very exact same tree.

Is that asking too much????

Julie said...

Keetha-I'll see what I can do! :) Seeing as I "stole" it off the internet though...