
Meet Shabby.
No, she's not real, at least not to anyone but Drew. He received Shabby as a gift when he was just a few weeks old. She resided forgotten, in his bed with his other stuffed animals until he was about three.
I'm not sure what happened, but suddenly one day everything revolved around Shabby. (Yes, he came up with the name all by himself). Since that day, Shabby has become part of our family. She travels on trips with us, she runs errands with us (but she must stay in the car), and some days she eats breakfast with us. (sigh).
We went on a mini vacation over the weekend. Somehow in the flurry to get out the door of the hotel, we forgot Shabby.
The hotel can't find her. She is MIA somewhere in room 330 of Embassy Suites.
I can't really say I blame her for wanting to spend the rest of her days in a hotel with room service and an indoor pool. Poor Shabby has been pregnant multiple times. Every few weeks Drew will make an announcement that Shabby is having more babies.
Apparently, Shabby is very fertile.
Along with pregnancies, Shabby also has her share of birthdays and birthday parties. It's too bad she never receives any presents for her birthday though.
Drew would usually sleep with Shabby curled around his arms. Tonight, there is an empty spot in his bed and his heart.
I know it's only a stuffed animal and not a real dog. I know he's five years old and some may say becoming too old for stuffed animals. I know in twenty years it won't matter to him.
I still wish Shabby would find her way home. There's a little boy in a red race car bed sleeping upstairs saving a place for her.
Let's just hope she's not pregnant again.
4 comments:
Ah, that's the saddest story ever. I think I might go cry now. Poor Shabby. How's Drew doing? I can relate. Remember my Sarah doll who was so viciously taken away? But who knows, maybe Shabby will return soon.
Trina: while I was blogging about Shabby, I kept thinking about your poor Sarah doll. I remember crying when that happened to you! Please don't cry. Apparently, Shabby is very replaceable. Drew came to me today and said we should get a new Shabby. :)
I thought Shabby WAS real - - - she looks it!
I hope she returns.
Keetha-I didn't have any pics of Shabby (surprising, since she's had multiple birthday parties), so I had to google her. That probably is a real dog in the picture, but it's the closest one I could find to Shabby. :)
Post a Comment