I just realized I never posted any pictures of our Labor Day Weekend.
Where has my mind gone? I've been feeling a little "under the weather" the last several days but c'mon....
Drew and Craig had a father/son day at the air show on Sunday before Labor Day. They say they had a good time, but it was H-O-T. They left early and met Alex and myself at the hotel we were staying at.
Drew loves the air show and talks about it all year long. We traumatized Alex by taking him along to the airshow when he was 15 months of age. Ever since, he's hated loud noises. Clearly, we are not going to be winning any parenting awards anytime soon.
I'm sorry Alex. I have regretted that decision many times.
The highlight of the day for Drew was seeing the shockwave truck. Drew calls it "the truck that shoots fire".
Can't you just feel the testosterone present at the air show?
Another highlight was standing in a C5 Galaxy transport plane. To say it was huge is an understatement.
Standing by a Fighter Jet
Of course, the best part of the day is always getting a new toy.
The next day we went to the zoo. My parents and sister came with us. The kids were beyond excited to see their grandparents, who had been away on vacation for over a week.
The next day is a little blurry but I wanted to post it anyway. Drew was tired of pictures at this point and I had tried all matters of bribery for one more picture. I finally resorted to counting to ten (something I do frequently when they are not listening). Obviously, it had a huge effect on him. Notice him counting in the picture.
I think I need to come up with something more original.
Hot, tired and ready to go home.
Ahh, Labor Day. If only you didn't signal the end of summer.
3 comments:
I just want to say "thank you" for how regular you have been in coming to and commenting on my blog.
I believe, if memory serves which it doesn't always, that we found each other's blogs through the Fashion Fiesta and we've been regulars since then.
I think of you as one of my blogging friends and hope some day we will meet on terra firma as well as in cyber space.
:-)
Keetha-Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you. I do think we met through the fashion fiesta. I remember the "shoe comment"! It was a welcome distraction as that was the weekend of my grandmothers viewing/funeral.
Thank you for continuing to visit my blog. I don't have a huge amount of visitors (which is fine) but truly appreciate each comment!
I would love to meet in "real life" some day. If you ever come to Ohio... :)
BTW: You really do need to share those Kelly stories!
Well, Indiana and Ohio are neighbors - - - so there's always a possibility!!!
Post a Comment