We've had some beautiful weather here the last several days. I keep thinking that soon we will be stuck in the house all. winter. long. So, yesterday I decided to put my hat in the ring for the mother of the year award.
Oh, I kid.
I decided to ignore the dust and cobwebs in my house that have been calling my name. The flowerbeds outside? Yep, I ignored those also.
I decided, in a fit of insanity, to take two children to the zoo. Alone.
Guess what? It really wasn't that bad. We went to a small zoo about an hour from our house. It was easy to navigate, not very busy, and the kids loved it. They came home exhausted, which is always a good indicator that they had a good time.
Although, I may not even be close to winning that mother of the year award, it was nice to spend time together, without chores and errands getting in the way.
Here are some pictures....
My two favorite little penguins!
Of course, the train ride was one of the favorite parts.
Which meant they had to ride it TWICE.
Because if you can't sit in the engine the first time, it doesn't count.
Another play area "Frontier Town", complete with a store and cabin.
I think they played here for 45 minutes.
Alex, riding his horse to "GO GET THE LION!"
We may be a little confused about the pioneer days.
Another Play area, complete with a monster truck.
They were in little boy heaven.
Drew crawling in the front of the monster to fix it.
"It overheated." Well, of course.
Tired and ready to go home!
Today, I'll focus on those pesky chores and errands. If only those chores would get done by themselves.
3 comments:
How fun!!!! That Frontier Town is adorable!
Hey - - - there's my number one daughter visiting your blog!!!!
The zoo looks like a fun day.
Hey - - - tell your hubby not to pick on me TOOOOO much about 0-H-I-O as you might not want to LOSE me as your main blog commenter!!!! :-)
(I won't leave you - - - but don't tell HIM that.)
Keetha-I'll definitely tell him!!!! Just between you and me: It would be kinda funny if you got the last laugh. :)
Post a Comment