Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Sarah!



Sarah is the daughter of one of my dearest and closest friends. Tomorrow is her special day-her sixth birthday!

Drew and Sarah are almost exactly one month apart in age. Not only has it been fun watching them grow up together, it was also nice having someone to laugh with and cry with during pregnancy. Especially since each of them made us wait 41 looooong weeks before they entered the world.

Don't worry Drew. I'm totally over that.

Ahem. Moving right along.

Poor Sarah. She loves all things pink, and playing princess. My boys on the other hand, are trying their very best to educate her on hot wheels and monster trucks. I'm not sure Sarah will ever be the same. At least they agreed to be the knights in her castle. Knights driving monster trucks, I'm sure.

The other day as they were playing, they decided to have a singing contest. Sarah sang Jesus loves me. Drew sang a "hot wheelie" song he made up. I think some of the lines were "hot wheels are so fast, they are so great, I love hot wheels. Hot wheels, trick tracks, be bad". Umm.....alrighty then.

Jesus loves me vs. hot wheels. It was such a proud moment as a mom. That, combined with the fact that Alex kept trying to hug and kiss Sarah all day. Nothing like making a play for the older woman at age three.

Pretty sure Sarah's parents won't be asking us for any parenting tips in the near future.

What I'm really trying to say is this; Sarah we love having you and your family in our life. I hope you have a great birthday! I hope your birthday is filled with lots of pink, princesses, and all things girly. Thank you for making Drew and Alex's life better and richer. They love you!

And maybe someday, they'll convince you that princesses really do drive monster trucks.


Happy Birthday!

p.s.: Sarah, check out this post and see if you notice anything different.



1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah!!!