
No, this has not turned into a recipe blog.
Lord have mercy.
With two boys, (really three if you count my husband), I feel as though I am always in the kitchen cooking something.
I rely on quick, easy and delicious recipes. Let's face it, there is so much more to be doing than cooking in the kitchen.
Taking a nap, reading a book, shopping, reading blogs...
Oh, I kid.
Sorta.
Today's theme for works for me Wednesday is five ingredient or less recipes. I posted this recipe back in October, but thought I would go ahead and post it again. I love this recipe! I try to always have the ingredients on hand (there's only 4) in case I have unexpected company, or need something quick.
The best part about this recipe-besides there's only four ingredients? My kids LOVE it!!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BARS
1 tube (18oz) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
Cut Cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8 in. square baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 12-16 servings.
* You can also use 2 cups of your own chocolate chip cookie dough, but buying it is soooo much easier!*
1 package (8oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
Cut Cookie dough in half. For crust, press half of the dough onto the bottom of a greased 8 in. square baking pan. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Spread over crust. Crumble remaining dough over top. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 12-16 servings.
* You can also use 2 cups of your own chocolate chip cookie dough, but buying it is soooo much easier!*
I hope you all enjoy!
11 comments:
This sounds delicious. I will have to try this for my kids. I love easy recipes.
Thanks
Very interesting - - - AND A PICTURE TOO!!!
yummy!! I always am making choc. chip cookies for my gang! I think the next time I do, I will make some of these with some of my dough!
Thanks for sharing!
I think I've had this before. Thanks for the reminder to make it. And fast!!!! Yum.
I double this recipe and make it in a 9x13. I also add a bit of vanilla. Take it to a potluck and bring home an empty pan!!
Keetha;
The picture was JUST FOR YOU!!!! :) I had actually just made these Monday, so it worked out great!
Oohhhh...those look really good. How can you go wrong with cream cheese and chocolate though, really? :)
And I definitely understand the need for quick and easy... I have 2 boys also!
Wow, these sound fabulous. We'll be trying these soon!
I found a "How-to-Blog" blog once that was, well, bashng blogs like mine when it said NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAD FOR LUNCH.
I beg to differ - - - we ALL love to eat and we love to read about eating and we especially love to SEE pictures of yummy food.
Look how many comments you ALREADY have on this food post!!!!
I rest my little ole case!!!
Come back to blogging!!! I miss you.
Aww, Keetha... you inspired me to post this morning instead of cleaning my house!
Yes, I look for any excuse to get out of cleaning. :) Hope you have a nice vacation.
Post a Comment