Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dig, Dig, Digging

What is it with boy's and construction equipment?


Drew has been obsessed with heavy machinery since he was barely one years old. He once threw a tantrum when he was fifteen months old because I called a compactor an excavator.


I am so not kidding. The bad thing was, I had no idea what I did wrong. They all look the same to me.


So imagine the excitement in our house yesterday when the township repaired the road right in front of our house. It was a monumental occasion.


The boys took a blanket out to the front yard, along with snacks, drinks and their own basket of construction toys.


It was little boy heaven.


And now after almost five years and reading hundreds of constructions books, I finally know the difference between a compactor and excavator.
We can all sleep better tonight.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow!!! Two posts in one day!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Boys do like their big earth moving vehicles, don't they!?!

Totallyscrappy said...

Phew... You are doing so much better than I! After eight years I can't tell one yellow construction vehicle from the other. Now A, my oldest, is asking about different makes and models of cars. Great... I like the red one. :)