Sunday, June 22, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

I've been wanting to post these t-ball pictures for about a month now. My computer wasn't letting me crop pictures for the last few weeks, but I think it's finally working again.

I'm not sure there is anything more entertaining than t-ball games. Fourteen easily distracted, energetic, and silly five and six year olds trying to play an organized game of baseball...hilarious!

Here are a few lessons I've learned from this year's t-ball season:

1. Airplanes are always, always more exciting than a baseball game.
2. Sliding into base is not an option, it is a necessity. Even if the ball is at the opposite end of the diamond.
3. The best part about playing in the outfield is the opportunity to draw pictures in the dirt.
4. Playing tag helps pass the time while waiting on a turn to bat.
5. It's important to have FUN!
6. The best part of the game is running to the playground after the last inning.
7. Speaking of running, it takes a lot of energy to run from home to 1st base. That means we have to run S-L-O-W-L-Y. (Drew) Running to the playground though after the game, that's a different story.
8. It's important when running to get a ball from the outfield we run in groups of two or three. It also helps when we tackle each other when trying to pick the ball up from the ground.
9. Watching your husband help coach, giving high-fives to players and demonstrating TONS of patience makes you realize how lucky you are.
10. Watching your little man of five years play his first season of baseball is amazing . And the look on his face when he hits his first pitched ball (not off the tee)...priceless.

Quote of the season- when congratulating him on hitting a pitched ball: "I was surprised. I forgot to run to first base!"







Congratulations on your first year of t-ball!

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...

Your boys look like THEY think a baseball game is fun if they are PLAYING in it.

I'm sorry to hear that you have RA. One advantage now to when my mom was diagnosed are the anti-inflammatories which reduce the pain and the damage.