
Our wedding anniversary was on Saturday. Happy anniversary to us!! We had a really busy weekend here at home, so really didn't do anything to celebrate. (long story, boring details). My sister did watch the boys for us after church yesterday, and we got to enjoy a nice meal with no kids fighting and not cutting up anyone's food. Thanks so much Katrina!!! The rest of the afternoon was spent running errands and buying Mr. Alex some birthday presents. I've decided it's never a good idea to have a baby a few days after your anniversary! In the last three years I think we have spent our anniversary date getting stuff for a birthday party and presents. (You're worth it Alex!) I definitely think my love language is quality time, so it was nice to spend the afternoon together, even if it was just running errands.
In honor of our eleventh anniversary I decided to highlight some things from each year of our marriage:
1997: This is the year we got married. I was a senior in college, finishing up my last year of nursing school. I commuted an hour and half each way EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Craig commuted an hour each way to work each day. He would leave at 5:30 and get home at 6:30. Looking back I don't know how either one of us survived but when you're young and in love you can do anything, right?
1998: I graduated college with a BSN and started my first "real" job. Craig still loved me even after the whole NCLEX fiasco I put him through. What a guy.
1999: We bought a house close to where I grew up and right beside my grandparents. Life was starting to fall into place.
2000: This year seems to be a blur for some reason. I do know we took a Florida beach vacation just the two of us, but don't remember much other than that. I do remember starting a new job at another hospital.
2001: We started to talk about kids! I was pregnant then miscarried after 10 weeks. I was devastated.. I remember it well because everything took place right before 9/11.
2002: Pregnant again!!!! In Sept we had our first little munchkin Drew. To say our marriage changed would be an understatement! I really don't think you can ever be prepared for the effect kids have on a marriage. Not that it's a bad thing, it was just different-especially after being a family of two for five years.
2003: We continued to adjust to being new parents. We took our first vacation together as a family of three.
2004: Once again I changed jobs which allowed for more family time and consistent hours. We started discussing adding another child to our little family.
2005: In June Alex joined us!!! I thought one was challenging, but adjusting to two is difficult also. I remember we had lots of fun together as a family this year.
2006: Alex definitely continued to change our lives! He is our little spitfire! We survived a third degree burn on his hand, a broken leg (yes, this was all before he turned one), and I'm sure many more minor injuries I've blocked out of my memory. We took a vacation to Canada which I'm sure (hopefully) will be one of the worst vacations we ever will have. Taking two young children to Canada with your entire family is another blog post all on it's own.
2007: We began looking for another house, and moved in December. Don't ever move two weeks before Christmas! I think of all we went through this year with selling our old house, remodeling the new one and realize how much I love my husband. He truly is my rock. When I was stressed with finances or moving in general he was always a calming force. I also decided to stay home full-time with my boys.
2008: I'm not sure what this year will hold for us! Looking back, it's difficult for me to pick which would be my favorite year. At the risk of sounding sappy I think each year I fall more in love with my husband. As I learn more about him and see him interact with our children I realize how much integrity and character he has. I do have a special place in my heart for our first year of marriage. We had no idea what we were getting into, but we muddled through just the same!
I think that's true now: We have no idea what we're in for in this journey of marriage, but there's no one I rather share this ride with.
Happy anniversary Craig!!!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
I always love it when I come here and find a new post!!!
We just celebrated our 33 anniversary (which you may have noted if you go to my blog.) Seeing your list of 11 years/events made me wonder two things: 1) If I did such a list could I even REMEMBER a specific event for each year since I don't journal and have only been blogging for a COUPLE of those years.
And 2) Who would want to read a list of 33 things!!!! Ha!!!
I just found you comment on my camping post - - - I left you a LONG answer there!!!
Who leaves you MORE comments than I do???? And here I am AGAIN for the third time in a row on this SAME post!!
I'm never SURE who I should link in my linkydoo list. So, once I "connect" with another blogger, I sorta wait to see if they will also "connect" with me. My way of telling that? Whether or not they ALSO leave me comments on MY blog.
Today you left another comment - - - something in my brain SNAPPED and said "link her." So I did.
I hope you find this an honor and not a curse!!!! :-)
Post a Comment