I've heard: "Awex spashed me! No fair!! MOOOMMMYYYY"...more times than I care to count
I've also heard "I not wanna take a nap, I big boy now"
We've had a movie night, minus daddy :(
I may never want to see another strawberry again...I've mashed, frozen, made jam,...all for my boys (big and small)
And since I'm posting pictures...here are a few pictures of Alex's birthday party-which will go down as one of the worst parties I've ever hosted.
Please, let's not go into details.
Let's just say it had nothing to do with the children (although the birthday boy was grumpy for lack of a nap and lots of playing earlier in the day) or the guests.
It had everything to do with the hostess.
There was fresh squeezed lemonade which was spilled all over the floor.
TWICE.
While the guests were waiting on dinner to be served.
Let's just say if your guests are hungry and you're busy mopping the kitchen floor FOR THE SECOND TIME...it may not be the start of a successful party.
I sense Martha Stewart turning pale as I write this.
It'll be a looooooong time before I don't break out in a cold sweat at the mention of a birthday party.
All in all, the birthday boy had a great time and had no idea his mother was having a nervous breakdown.
Thank goodness there was a chocolate cake for me to drown my sorrows in.
Here are some pics: My mom gave him a Lightning McQueen backpack as one of his gifts. You'll notice he is wearing it in many of these pictures.
To say it was one of his favorite gifts would be an understatement.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go eat some more chocolate.
I'll end with this quote from Drew. On our weekend trip a few weeks ago we stayed at a hotel with a waterfall and a small pond with goldfish and various other fish in it. As we passed it the last morning I heard Drew say "Man, I really should have brought my fishing pole."
I'm sure the fish have never been the same since.
5 comments:
Oh wow!! You went wild and crazy all at once with your posting!!!
Keetha-I Know!!!!! It's what happens when you have two children in bed with you because of a thunderstorm. They finally fell asleep around 9:30, and I am sooo a night person. I brought my laptop in bed and posted away! The only downside-I had multiple kicks and lots of arms everywhere! :)
Hey - - - you said this to me twice! I guess you really meant it!
Keetha-I was hoping you wouldn't notice! I realized I had commented on the wrong post. What I didn't realize is that I'm blogging illiterate and don't know how to delete my previous comment. sigh. :(
I can teach you - - - the one you want to delete, do you see the little trash can icon right below your post? Click on it. Then you will click on delete forever when it asks - - -and voila, GONE!!!
Post a Comment