100 facts you may or may not know about me/my family:
Careful: This may put you to sleep!!
1. The hubby and I have dated since I was 15.
2. We dated for 6 years and have been married for 11 in June. I've known Craig for over half my life!
3. We are five and a half years apart. Yes, that means when I was in 7th grade he was a senior. Let's not dwell on that fact.
4. Growing up I always wanted to be a nurse.
5. I'm pretty sure if I had to do it again, I would choose social work.
6. That being said, I loved, loved, loved working as a labor and delivery nurse.
7. I would probably still be working as an L/D nurse if it wasn't for the hours.
8. Now that I think about it, considering the politics of the hospital, shift work, and nature of liability in L/D, I probably would not still be working even if the hours were ideal.
9. I also enjoyed being a public health nurse at a health department, but the babysitting issues were just too overwhelming.
10. Which led me to my next job...full-time mommy!
11. I have been a SAHM for about nine months now.
12. I love it, but miss talking to adults during the day.
13. Growing up, I never dreamed I would have two boys.
14. I always thought I would have girls!
15. I LOVE my boys and couldn't imagine life without them.
16. I would still love to have a girl though-maybe someday. I'll love another boy just as much though.
17. I also never dreamed we would buy a house with a pool.
18. I don't know how to swim. Yes, I KNOW!! My goal is to learn how to swim within the first week of opening the pool this summer. That, and we are getting a fence that will be LOCKED at all times, and a cover that can be put on easily when the pool is not in use. I'm still having panic attacks at times at the thought of having a pool with young kids.
19. I love, love love Siesta Key, Florida.
20. I would live there if I could convince the hubby to go with me.
21. I hate cold weather and being cold.
22. My favorite tv show is The Office. I love love this show. I heart Jim and Pam. What, they're not real???
23. My favorite flowers are daisies.
24. Craig and I had our first date at Red Lobster, and then we went to see the movie Sister Act.
25. My favorite kind of coffee is white chocolate mocha.
26. I need at least two cups to function in the morning. To function well, I need three.
27. I try to not drink caffeine the rest of the day. Well, except for an occasional coffee in the evening. What can I say, I'm addicted. (hence, the title of the blog!)
28. I am the oldest of three.
29. I have one brother and one sister.
30. Being the oldest, I tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist.
31. I truly do not like cats. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just really dislike them.
32. Nothing personal to cat owners, but I HATE when a cat comes up by my legs. I actually have a phobia of that. I can't even describe the feeling in my stomach just writing that first sentence.
33. I like dogs, and we have a golden retriever, Max. He is an outside/garage dog.
34. It's my husband's fault: He refuses to have an animal in the house.
35. Max is a handful. He refuses to use the doggie door in the garage.
36. At our old house, he would use it occasionally. BUT: would stand outside the doggie door and bark until he saw you open the door to the garage.
37. He would do the same thing to go outside: stand and bark until he saw your face and then he would go outside.
38. This would happen at all hours of the night. If we locked him in, he would just bark until we woke up and let him out.
39. Usually Drew would wake up before we would.
40. There is NO NEED for a four year old child and a barking dog to be up at 3:00 in the morning.
41. It made for a seriously grumpy hubby! and wife at times: but I'm a pretty sound sleeper, so usually never woke up when all this drama took place!
42. Luckily we haven't had these issues at our new house-YET
43. Enough about the dog already!! My favorite food is ice cream.
44. I rotate through favorite flavors. Right now it's Edy's thin mint.
45. I was convinced I had failed my nursing boards the first time I took them.
46. We went on vacation the next day with my family.
47. I drove my family CRAZY that whole week thinking of questions I had missed.
48. Pretty sure my family was ready to leave me at a gas station by the trip home.
49. Craig is still incredibly bitter when you mention the word NCLEX to him.
50. I did pass my boards on the first try.
51. I had made a bet with Craig that I failed. Since I lost I had to take out the trash for two weeks (one of my least favorite jobs).
52. It was worth losing the bet just to pass my exam.
53. My roommate and best friend through college was named Bela.
54. I haven't seen Bela in 7-8 years, but we still email occasionally.
55. Even though I don't see or talk to her regularly, I still consider Bela one of my dearest friends. There are few people who I feel such a deep friendship with, and Bela is one of them. I cherish our friendship! Bela, if you're reading this we ARE going to see each other this year!!!!!
56. My favorite restaurant is 91.
57. I have never mowed the lawn.
58. Growing up, it was always my brother's job, and since I've been married, Craig has taken care of the lawn. Thanks Craig! Really, I'm too embarassed now at the age of 31 to learn how.
59. I can't drive a stick shift.
60. I also can't carry a tune. Honestly, my singing is horrible. I think I'm tone deaf. (Is that the right phrase?)
61. I'm really really good at lip synching though.
62. If I could change one thing about myself it would be that I would have musical ability.
63. I have a secret desire to help lead worship in church (that is, if I was granted #62).
64. I love, love, love the newborn stage. Sure you're not sleeping much, but there is something deeply fulfilling about snuggling with a newborn baby-and you don't have to worry about discipline.
65. My grandma on my dad's side is amish.
66. I still have quite a few amish cousins.
67. NO!!!!! I'm not amish.
68. I may not agree with all of the beliefs that the amish believe in, but am grateful for my heritage and background.
69. I can't speak pennsylvania dutch, but I can understand it-if you talk S-L-O-W-L-Y.
70. I have many fond memories of playing at my amish grandparents house when I was a child.
71. I love the game pictionary.
72. No, I can't draw well.
73. My family and friends hate the game, so I rarely have a chance to play.
74. My sister was part of the mercy ship for 6 months in Ghana.
75. Since she's come back and shared her pictures I have a deep desire to be a part of the mercy ship someday.
76. I am not a morning person. AT ALL.
77. Since I have two boys who get up with the sun, I'm getting better at this.
78. I still would much rather stay up until 2 and sleep till 10.
79. I love naps!
80. Not little itty bitty ten minutes ones. I'm talking two to three hour ones.
81. I have a hard time opening up to people.
82. I would much rather be the listener in the group than the one talking.
83. I care too much about what people think about me.
84. I'm trying hard not to pass this trait onto my children.
85. My favorite candy is sour patch kids. I really could go for some now.
86. I don't really like the taste of water, but am forcing myself to get better at drinking it.
87. My favorite book growing up was called Amy's long night.
88. My dad would read it to me every night when I was young.
89. I thought it was soooo cool to be able to stay up all night like Amy does in the book.
90. Then I grew up and worked third shift. It wasn't so cool anymore.
91. The book was later renamed The longest birthday.
92. My sister found an old copy on e-bay and gave it to me last year for christmas.
93. It ranks as probably one of the top 5 presents I ever received.
94. I dropped spanish in high school because I can't roll my "R's"
95. I know how to say push in spanish, but that's about it. (probably from my OB nurse days)
96. I wish I would enjoy cooking more. I cook all the time, but wish I could enjoy it more.
97. I don't enjoy bubble baths. Really this could be a blog post all on it's own.
98. I broke my left wrist in 6th grade.
99. My favorite holiday is Easter. I love it because it usually indicates spring is on the way, but more importantly I love it because of what God did for us.
and...
finally...
seriously...is anyone still reading this...
100. I have a little right/left foot secret. Keetha knows all about it. I just can't disclose it on my blog. It's too embarassing. I may need therapy. You'll just have to do some detective work on your own if you really want to figure it out.
Besides, I'm pretty sure I've put everyone reading this to sleep by now anyway.
I promise the next post will not have a hundred anything in it.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hehehehehehehe about the right left foot secret - - - but HONEY, you already DID put it on your blog, that's how I KNOW it - - - - but I won't tell where they should look in your archives to find it!!!
BTW - - - you put my NAME in your post!!! Whooooo Hoooo, I've arrived!!!
This nice long post will give me material upon which to comment for quite some time!!!
This really was a fun-to-read post. I love it.
Where are all the other commenters??? I am back for the third time because I keep finding more things to comment about!!!
1) I too HATE bubble baths - - - actually, I HATE any bath. Give me a shower ANY DAY so I'm not forced to sit in my own filthy dirt!!!!
2) I have a cousin and his wife who work for Mercy Ships full time. Also - - - one of the college FB players, who played for the Sooners I believe, wore a MERCY SHIPS shirt the day he was drafted to the NFL and there it was - - - BIG AS LIFE - - - on the TV screen when they showed him being drafted. That was in April.
3) I too LOVE naps - - - the EXACT kind you are describing. When I was a SAHM I used to take them when the kids had theirs. Now that I work full time, I can only get them on Saturday and Sunday. Bummer. I'm sure I'd be a better teacher if they gave me a two hour nap in the middle of the afternoon!!!
Post a Comment