Friday, April 11, 2008

Fiesta Time!

small button







It's fiesta time!! Grab a cup of coffee, maybe some chips and salsa (probably not together) and take a peek into my closet.




First, a warning: I am a mom to 2 and 5 year old boys. My days are spent breaking up fights, making sure everybody is fed and giving hugs and kisses. Sadly, my job as a mom does not come with a clothing allowance. Waaaah!!!!!!!




Second, my favorite store is Maurices. Oh, yes it is. My clothing reflects this. My husband has learned to fear the word maurices. Pretty sure they should be paying me to advertise for them.
Alrighty then, without further ado:









These capri's were purchased at Banana Republic. For 6.99.
Let me repeat that, just in case you missed that.
6.99.

See how much I saved? All the more money to go shopping with at Maurices!









This is an example of something I might wear if the hubby and I were to have a date.

A date with NO kids.

Which might explain why I've worn it once. That and maybe because I think it makes my arms look fat. I'm optimistic though, that the next time I try it on, the arm fat thing will be gone.

It's good to have dreams.










In the spirit of keeping it real, this is what you might find me wearing most mornings, till like let's say 10:00.

Yes, it's pajamas.

I am up much earlier than that, but really what is the point of showering early when I could be catching up on blogs and drinking coffee.




Oh, I am only kidding.





Wait, not really.







This was another fabulous fashion find, my friends. At maurices, no less. For 8.00. Once it warms up, I can't wait to wear it. I'm a little worried about the arm fat thing. But for 8.00 I remain optimistic. I'm thinking I'll wear this with black capris and some sassy black shoes. Because sassy is so me.

Umm, Ok moving right along.




I love, love, love these tank tops to layer. I wear them ALL THE TIME. Yes, I am a fashion fool. I think I need more colors. Guess which store they're from.







These shoes are worn most days when out running errands, going to preschool, etc. See, they're pretty even on the inside. A definite plus. They also have no heels, which is great for running after the little hooligans!










Another favorite pair of shoes: they have a heel, so not great for running after children. I like wearing them with jeans. They're not as pretty on the inside either. My fashion criteria is amazing is it not?


Moving on to jewelry, these are some of my favorite pieces. Notice the hoop earrings. I used to only wear diamond studs that the hubby bought me. Since I've been staying at home, I'm branching out to hoops. Trying to spice it up a little bit.


Come on, admit it-those hoops they are a spicin'. Uhh-hmm. Let's move along, shall we?


This is what I wear most days around the house, when I finally change out of the pajamas I mentioned before. Now you'll see why I need some spicin' hoops.



Thank you for visiting my closet!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling a little depressed about the clothing options that I shared. I think I need to go shopping.

You'll know where to find me...

7 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Cute shoes! And I'm also trying to branch out from the diamond studs, even though I adore them and hate to be without them.

Amy said...

I love the date outfit. One of those little wrap thingies does wonders for arm fat. My son once said while jiggling the back of my arm, "Wow, mom, that's jolly." Out of the mouths of babes.

Love the hoops. Love. Them.

Erin said...

We are getting a Maurice's here. Looks like great stuff!

Keetha Broyles said...

1) I love the photo at the top of your blog. Peace!!!

2) How fun that you used various different floors and walls as backdrops for your photo session.

3) I believe you have one pair of shoes shown "on the wrong feet" so to speak. Was that intentional to see if anyone would notice??? If so - - - I GET THE PRIZE!!! Hehehehehehe

Keri said...

I love Maurices as well!!! LOVE IT! And I had to chuckle at the arm fat because that is something I'm obsessing about at the moment as well! Two things in common right off the bat! :)

The only thing...I wear what you show as pajamas all day long (that's way past 10). Unless I leave. LOL

Big Mama said...

I've never heard of Maurices! Thanks for joining in on the fiesta!

Keetha Broyles said...

Big Mama has never heard of Maurices?!? Oh My - - - - I thought they had those everywhere.

Julie, I found your comment on my blog today, the one with the "big confession" and it is making me LOL. I left you an answer there and am marking your blog to keep checking - - - you are a fun little gal!!!

BTW - - - the "Keri" up above is my number one daughter!!!

k