Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Early

My day started early this morning. I awoke to a dark haired, brown eyed five year old telling me he had a bad dream at 5:00 this morning. Although, I'm a little suspicious of this story, I let him climb into our bed. NEVER have I heard so much coughing and sniffling from one child at 5:00 in the morning. It wasn't long before his brother joined us in our bed. My husband moved to the couch, and lucky for him his workday begins early in the morning. He took the easy road and left for work quickly! There has been no end to the fighting and arguing this morning. Luckily, we've only had one biting incident. Arghhhhh. And to make an early morning even worse, looking at Drew's eyes at breakfast I see his left one is pink-tinged and has yellow drainage. That's right, he has pinkeye! Which means no preschool. Which means I'll have two cute little grumps arguing ALL DAY LONG. I'm staying sane though. Every time I get overwhelmed I eat a girl scout samoa cookie. So far, it's working. I think I'll easily have a whole box gone by lunch. What, not everyone does this when stressed? I was reminded though how different this day would be if I was still a working mom. I would be stressed taking Drew to the sitter with pink eye. Both kids are a little sick with coughs and colds, which would add to the worry and guilt. I need to remember that more than anything else this is where I need to be right now: at home in the trenches with my children. Truthfully, it's where I want to be more than anywhere else. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I do hope they take naps this afternoon though, or I just may have to figure out where I could get another box of Samoas.



Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup, you have made my lot secure.

Psalm 16: 5

No comments: