We are moving in a month. A month. Have I begun packing? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Honestly, it just overwhelms me, and trying to sell our house at the same time has me totally stressed out. I'm trying to trust God in all this, but frankly, it's difficult. I know he is good all the time, but I really, really would like our house to be sold. So, in the spirit of procrastination, I thought I would blog instead of packing or paying bills (which I really had every intention of doing when I sat down at the computer).
Warning: *it does get a little sappy*
Ten things I am thankful for today (even if our house isn't sold):
1. No matter what, God loves me and will take care of us. He's got our back. And for that, I will praise him.
2. My kids. They make me laugh and teach me to celebrate life everyday.
3. My Family. I am very blessed to have a family who cares for me.
4. My sister. Safely home from Africa today!!!!!
5. Good friends with whom I've shared many a late night chat with, at a coffee shop.
6. My husband who is an awfully good dad and who inspires me to be a better wife and mother.
7. My job title of stay at home mom. For now, this is my mission and ministry. I can think of nothing more important than helping these little guys find their place in this big world. I only hope I can do it well.
8. Fall colors! The leaves are gorgeous this time of year.
9. A warm house, a car that runs, food in our fridge, and clothes on our back.
10. Knowing that, really, everything I have belongs to God. It's my job to be a good steward of all he's given me.
Thanks for bearing with me through this list. I know it did get a little cheesy, but it forces me to remember what is truly important, and how much I have to be thankful for.
Tomorrow, I'll start packing!
2 comments:
Ok, this is like the fifth time I'm trying to leave a comment. It better work this time. I love your blog. I really do. You need to start spreading the word. I didn't know you were moving in a month already. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of time. :) Let me know if you need some babysitting in the evenings sometime. I'm going to see the boys tonight at mom's. Anyways, hope you have a good day. Love ya.
This is not cheesy at all. I especially helping your boys find their place in this big world. That's what I'll have to remember.
Post a Comment