I'm waaay behind on blogging, but wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their prayers and support regarding my last post. If you remember (from way back in January), it was about Bella's application to the NIH's undiagnosed disease program. We were told by Bella's neurogeneticist (no child should have to have a neurogeneticist for a dr..but I digress), that she would most likely not be considered, given the findings on her MRI. Furthermore, we were told, even if they were to consider her, the chances were very, very slim, as only a limited number of applicants (50-100) get accepted (out of 1000+ applications).
Well.
I received a letter today in the mail from the NIH. I opened it, expecting a "thank you for your application..blah, blah, blah". Instead, there was this: "After a stringent review process, your patient's case has been accepted for evaluation at the NIH Clinical Center."
ACCEPTED.
Honestly, I'm shocked. I'm overwhelmed. I'm terrified. I'm excited. I'm hopeful. I'm sad.
I'm terrified of what they might find..or worse yet, that they won't find anything (this is really the end of the road for us in terms of getting a diagnosis). I'm sad that my beautiful little girl with the crazy curls is "interesting" enough to be considered (can't I just worry about scraped knees and ear infections?), and I'm overwhelmed with gratitude that she's been accepted.
For all you who have prayed and thought of us, sent me messages and texts...thank you, thank you, thank you. You have no idea how much that means to our family.
I should have more information in a few weeks, but the evaluation should take place in late fall/early winter at the NIH campus in Maryland. Bella will likely be admitted for 2-5 days, with some of the best minds in medicine evaluating her.
Our God is amazing, isn't he?
*and I am so, so sorry for all of you that complained about the word verification for comments. I was getting some spam comments, so it's back. :) Sorry!*

1 comment:
Hopefully this will bring you closer to a solution. I will continue to pray!!
Post a Comment