Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude Journal Day 1-4

On facebook, I keep seeing posts from friends who are posting what they are thankful for each day in November.

I decided to jump on the thankful train..even though I'm a few days late.

November 1-

I'm thankful for a God who doesn't care how often I mess up, how often I get angry or question him, who loves me unconditionally, and has promised to never leave or forsake me.

Despite all my fear and anxiety regarding what's going on with Bella (hello, heart palpitations), I'm so glad that He is always by my side..and loves Bella even more than I do, and even more than I can imagine.

I love this new song by Chris Tomlin..love, love, love.



November 2-

So thankful for a NEGATIVE c diff test.  (Can I get an AMEN)?!!  For those of you who don't know, c diff is a bacteria that normally lives in our gut, but is kept suppressed by the "good" bacteria. Sometimes if a person is on antibiotics for an extended period of time, (or multiple antibiotics), it will overtake the good bacteria..causing abdominal pain, horrible smelling diarrhea (trust me, I have post traumatic SMELL disorder, I think), and really just makes Bella cranky and miserable.  She first got it after she was on antibiotics for a g tube site infection, and I still think (although I don't have proof), that having the g tube surgery put her at an increased risk.  We finally had a negative test after months of trying to fight it last May.  Unfortunately, when she had an ear infection a few months ago, it only took one dose for the c diff to come back. 

Last week, we finally had a negative result!  Yay!  (Although as I write this on a Sunday night..I'm a little suspicious it's coming back..).  For now, though I'm ignoring my suspicions!  Each occurrence is a little harder on Bella, seems to be more painful, and is harder/takes longer to fight.  Ok, enough poop talk!

November 3-

I'm thankful that Drew and I could have a "mom/Drew date night".  Drew definitely needed some special one-on-one time, and it was so fun to hang out with my favorite ten year old.  Our "date" consisted of Panera bread, a Target run, Books-a-million, Dicks Sporting Goods, and lots of lego talk.  We ended the night at Menchies for ice cream! 




November 4-

I'm thankful for this little bumblebee.  I call her "Miss B" all the time, so this Halloween outfit was perfect!  We even had half a smile for a picture (smiles are somewhat rare these days), so I consider it a success!  Bels..I love you so much and you are my favorite bumblebee ever. 


 
 
 
..and I know this is a gratitude journal, but whoever thought up the idea of daylight savings time, clearly was not a parent to young children.  Just sayin'.
 
Happy Monday!!
 

1 comment:

Keetha Broyles said...


I too am thankful for lots of things, though I have not started gratitude blog posts, though I've been seeing them in blog land too.

Oh my word - - - don't get me all up on my anit-DST soapbox. A sillier, less essential thing was never invented. It's hard on OLD PEEPS too.