Bella's been admitted since Tuesday for extended video EEG monitoring. It's been a rough month of watching Bella slowly lose her smile & sparkle, lose skills in therapy, and become more lethargic. I'm tired, grumpy, & want my sweet girl home.
I'm not sure how to post pics from the iPad, so I only have a couple, and they probably wont display in the right place. Bella's been a trooper, but she is D-O-N-E.
Truth be told, I'm done too. Done being on camera all. The. Time. Done hearing that Bella's EEG looks "terrible & highly active". Done worrying that eventually epilepsy will rob Bella of her sparkle & smile. Done having to hold Bella down to place EEG leads & countless IV's & blood draws.
Neurology adjusted some medication & added some more. I'm hoping this will keep us out of the hospital for a while. The plan is to be discharged tomorrow (although of course, she's more lethargic again today). There's truly no place like home....especially after being in a cramped, depressing hospital room for a week. In typical Bella fashion, it seems as if there are no simple, easy answers.
But, Tonight, I'm thankful for mommy/daughter snuggles, neurology who took my concerns seriously, & sweet Bella smiles that melt my heart.
I love that little girl (and her brothers!), so much, & I can't wait to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh Julie! So sorry Bella (and you) are going through yet another hospitalization.
I was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago just over night - - - with no diagnosis at the end of it - - - and an adult who could UNDERSTAND what was happening, and yet I was very frustrated with the "no diagnosis" part.
You guys have been going through this with Bella HER WHOLE LIFE - - - it is amazing how you've handled it all.
Love you.
Thinking of you.
I'm so happy you're home, but was so hoping that sparkly Bella was back for good! My heart is sad to hear that it is still up and down. You are the most patient amazing Mom! I feel like the worst friend ever because I didn't get back up to see you! Hoping you sleep well tonight!
Sometime when the worry and wonder are just.too.much, the only "medicine" is to just crawl into bed and snuggle our girls. I love your girl, and you know, I'm always, always cheering for her. xo
Post a Comment