
Even at 3:30 am.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Oh The Places You'll Go...
The neurogeneticsist is always the stressful appointment for me. Bella's MRI showed hypomyelination, instead of delayed, so that changes some things. Myelin is the protective covering over the nerves, which helps them to transmit signals. Delayed myelination means there is a delay in the formation of the myelin. Hypomyelination on the other hand, means the myelin is there...but the consistency and quantity of it is abnormal.Hypomyelination is somewhat rare, and still pretty new. There's so much which still just isn't known. The National Institute of Health in Washington DC, has an expert on hypomyelination, and is interested in seeing Bella, if we agree. They would pay for the visit and testing, we would only be responsible for lodging and transportation to get there.NIH? Washington DC? Good grief, Bella.....At this point, nothing surprises me anymore.Our Dr did order two more neurological tests, both of which take about 4 months for results. (sigh). He also wants us to see another opthamologist, and genetics at Cleveland.So..I'm tired. I did treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte and some sangria. (Not together-haha). There's a lot to process and think about.(Yes, this is another night, and yes, it's 3:30)
One thing's still the same. No matter what worry, stress, fear, and tears this little girl puts me through-she still rocks my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi!
I was going to text you to ask how it went, but I figured you had already explained it a dozen times. I am glad that things went well and that you could get a treat in the end. :)
Have a great weekend!
Lisa Miller
Seriously love this little girl's smile!!! "and for the record,-even though I should probably let it go,-I think it's it a lot easier to have an opinion when you are on the outside looking in. It's not your life, your family, and your daughter who will be affected" - oh how I love your writing. Stay strong my friend and when you just can't stand on your own anymore, lean on me and I will help in any way I can. Love you!! You need another night of plane rides and terrible shopping!!
Kendra
Post a Comment