A quick update...I have a much longer blog entry that I need to write and post, but as usual...there just aren't enough hours in the day.
And as usual..the drama with the little Miss continues.
We have a spinal tap under general anesthesia scheduled tomorrow to test for more big, scary words which our neurologist calls the "worst-case scenarios". Blech.
The last time we attempted a spinal tap a month ago, Bella managed to get it cancelled due to her coarse lungs sounds and the determination by the anesthesia team that she was/is an "anesthesia risk". Grrreeat.
I'm a tiny bit anxious, may be having a few heart palpitations, and really just want this over with. Do you remember Bella's last experience with general anesthesia?
Well, she decided to stop breathing.
Honestly, the child is a drama seeker.
So...prayers please for our sweet Bella, and this anxious mama's heart.
Thanks. :)
In other news with the drama queen, it looks like we are heading down the gtube path. I have so many mixed emotions about the gtube, which deserves it's own post. We've avoided it for a year, but Bella's swallow is getting worse, and I'm not sure we can avoid it at this point.
Everything we've been through with Bella, and I'm falling apart about a little gtube.
Sigh.
The pool is open, the boys are out of school, Alex turned six, and summer is here. Not to mention, the fighting between the boys is going full force. Some things never change.
At least it's normal. We really, really like normal around here.
I'll be back soon with more pictures and a longer post. I'll leave you with one of the many Alex quotes that have made me laugh in the last few weeks.
Alex: "You know how Drew and I always fight?"
Me: "Oh yes, I know".
Alex: "You should go to stop bullying speakup.com and report him".
And you, Mr Alex, watch too much TV.
Just sayin'.

3 comments:
Praying for y'all!
Hi Julie,
Thinking about you guys. I hope the spinal tap went okay. Meredith had one in November and I was terrified. But actually it didn't turn out to be as horrible an experience as I feared. She did not get anesthesia, just a topical numbing gel and the nurse held her super tight in a big bear hug to keep her from moving AT ALL. But she was sleeping anyways, so that worked to our advantage. I really hope all went well - thinking of you all.... Laura
HI
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Kids say the funniest and cutest things. Bella is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. Bella and yourself will be in my thoughts and prayers. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com
Post a Comment