Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Home

We're home!!!

While we still don't really have any answers (nothing is clear-cut with Bella, I'm learning), at least we were all sleeping in our own beds last night.

To make a very long story short-Bella's EEG is very abnormal. She has abnormal " background" activity all the time, especially when she is sleeping. What's worrisome is that this activity is getting worse, even though she doesn't physically have noticeable signs of seizures. We are trying a new medication, to hopefully protect her when she spikes a fever, is under stress, or gets behind on sleep (all triggers for seizure activity). We still don't know why she has all this abnormal activity, or what this means for her in the future.

Home. It's a great place. I am really enjoying doing laundry, cleaning up the house, and grocery shopping today!

The best thing? I can eat all the sandwiches I want with lettuce hanging out of my mouth. (See previous post if you are confused).

:)

Thank you, thank you for all the prayers and texts and messages. We are so blessed to have so many people who care for us.

Happy Belated Valentines Day!!


4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Woooooo hoooooo for being home!!!!

I'm SURE we could remedy that whole "no more video 24/7" thing if you WANT us to!!! Hehehehe

And WHAT!?! You know JoEllen???? She and I go WAY back to when she was in about first grade!!!!

LOL - - - I saw her comment in your previous post and sorta copied her.

I know you'd really like ANSWERS about Bella - - - but while it doesn't seem that any are forthcoming, I'm gonna ask the Lord to give you ENDURANCE.

Hummel Family said...

So happy you made it home! And YAY, you were able to tackle all the "home" responsibilities!!! Isn't it something, we actually miss doing that "stuff" when we are away from it. Nothing is better than having everyone in the house, all under the same roof, even if it does require laundry, cooking, cleaning!

KEETHA, I think its awesome you found Julie's blog! :) I am just now getting to know Julie and she is so sweet. Can't wait to get to know her more. I have a feeling you've been following her blog for awhile now. HOW DO YOU FIND PEOPLE? You crack me up!

JULIE, still praying for the medical team as they figure out what is going on with sweet Bella. Praying for you as you WAIT upon the Lord!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm not sure, JoEllen - - - but I THINK Julie found me. And yes, we've been blogging buddies for at least three years, maybe even more.

Julie - - - do you remember HOW we found each other????

Julie said...

Keetha-I remember it had something to do with Bigmama's fashion friday....and some shoes I had posted. That's all I'm going to say about that. :) :) Now do you remember?!