Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Therapy

Why do we make the drive to therapy 3-4x/wk, 50 minutes each way?

Here's why:





Now, these pictures may not look significant to anyone else: but my Bella is STANDING!!
Yes, her trunk is supported, yes her feet have braces, yes she is using a gait trainer.
Here's what's exciting about these pictures though:

1. Head control-HELLO!!! 6 months ago we could never have put her in the gait trainer.
2. She's happy about being upright!! Any of Bella's therapists will tell you-when the going gets tough, Bella starts grumping. She actually enjoyed this therapy session (and it was a 45 minute session).
3. She's visually attentive. She loved watching the balls move down the track.
4. She's putting weight on her feet!


It's the little things. A year ago, I would have been sad about the fact my little girl needs equipment like braces and gait trainers. Now, more than ever, I'm overjoyed that we are actually at this point.


For this week at least, it makes all the driving, gas mileage, and time worth it.

Good job little rock star!




9 comments:

JMiller said...

Those pictures make me cry. I'm so excited for you!!

Keetha Broyles said...

It is WONDERFUL progress! Who knows what heights she will attain on down the road!

She is truly a rock star, and her momma ain't too bad either!

Anonymous said...

How EXCITING! What a great way to start the year. Hopefully being more mobile will stimulate the appetite too. Go Bella Go! Sheila

Heather said...

Way to go Bella! That is amazing that you have to travel so far. What wouldn't we do for our children, right? Keep up the dedicated work ladies!

Katrina said...

Go Bella!!!! Love, love, love it!!!

The MacDonald Family said...

LOVE this!!! Her sweet face says it all! Go Bella!!!

Kennedy or her Mommy :) said...

This is SO AWESOME!!! From another Mom that knows what you are going through...this is awesome. Kennedy is going to start in a stander tomorrow. I am very excited for her to see the world from a different point of view. She started sitting like Bella was by the Christmas tree last week. I was actually able to walk away from her to open the door for the physical therapist. I'm reminded again of how lucky I am that they come to the house when you said you drive 50 minutes one way. Congratulations again, Bella, for your big step! Keep up the good work for your Mommy!

Denise said...

"Bella is sooooo lucky to have Julie for a mommy" ....this is my daily thought! You are amazing!!!

Sebrina said...

Awesome!! are you looking at getting her a gait trainer?