Friday, June 5, 2009

Last Day of School!

It's official! Summer vacation has begun! Although, Alex keeps saying "It's not sumwer yet. It's still cold!"


What, Alex? You don't consider 65 and rain to be a perfect summer day?


Here is my soon to be first-grader (sniff, sniff, sob) on his last day of kindergarten.







Drew loved kindergarten, but apparently summer vacation has greater appeal than school.

When I asked him what he would miss the most about kindergarten he replied with a heartfelt "absolutely nothing."



Alrighty then.


Drew's teacher Mrs. Wallace was a gem, and he was so blessed to have her. She was the reason he loved school, and she instilled a love for learning in him.



Besides, anyone who can immediately quiet fourteen hyper 5 & 6 year olds by holding up two fingers gets my utmost respect and admiration.



We celebrated the beginning of summer vacation by going to get ice cream after I picked Drew up from school.









Bella, on the other hand, did not think getting ice cream was such a great time. She was awake the whole time we were inside eating our ice cream, and then proceeded to scream the entire fifteen minute ride home.


I can just tell this will be a peaceful, quiet summer.



What did the boys do on their first full day of vacation? They decided it would be fun to get up at 6:15 in the morning.



Seriously, boys. Give your mother a break!



They now have a clock in their rooms, with strict instructions to stay in bed until the first number is a 7. You guessed it, the last few mornings it's been 7:01 when two smiling boys come bounding the stairs.



Sigh.



I better just resign myself to the fact that this summer will not be filled with lazy mornings spent sleeping in.



Here's to summer vacation and early mornings!




5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I always LOVE it when I find your new posts. Lets me know life is still chugging along for you.

The last day of school - - - what a glorious free feeling day THAT is.

I'm still not sure if I'll be going back in the fall - - - - part of me hates the thought of leaving, and another part hates the thought of not being there.

Such a dilemma for a small mind to consider!!!! Hehehehehehehehehe

I know your blogging time is extremely limited what with Drew home for the summer and little Bella still being, well a baby.

BUT - - - I KNOW you will laugh til your cry if you find time to read my Friday post today - - - if you don't have time today, just maybe someday. It's got "Ollie Hopnoodle" in the title, so when you get a chance you could put that in the BLOG search bar and find the post.

Miss you in blog land - - - but I KNOW you'll return.

Keetha Broyles said...

Here, I'll make it easy for you - - - click on this if it works like a direct link, otherwise copy and paste it into your browser bar when you have time for a bit of a long read - - - -

http://keethastuff.blogspot.com/2009/06/ollie-hopnoodles-got-nothing-on-us.html

JMiller said...

Ryan know when the first number is a 3, he can get up from nap. I now have his clock set 12 minutes slow so I get an extra 12 minutes. Someday he's going to figure it out, but for now I'm enjoying it. He has commented his clock is different from the rest of the house. Am I lying by changing his clock?

Keri said...

I LOVE Drew's answer!! That is awesome! hahahahaha :)

I'm a mean Mom...my kids know they aren't to leave their bedrooms until one of us (ok...Daddy) comes to get them! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Hooray!!! You've been to my blog and left me some comments.