Thursday, April 2, 2009

Monster Trucks & Bob The Builder

I've been wanting to post these pictures for about two months now...better late than never, right?


This winter (besides looking for fun things to do with the kids), I wanted to do something special with each child before the new baby comes. For Drew, this was a no-brainer. He's been talking about going to the monster truck show since he went last year.

Guess who got two tickets in his stocking at Christmastime for monster jam?! Yes, I said TWO. Alex doesn't like shows with lots of loud noise and I was more than happy to let this be a special daddy/Drew event. Monster trucks, crushing cars, extreme bikes: Wow. That's a lot of testosterone.


Here are some pics of their night. (Notice I really don't have any of the two people who actually WENT to the show. Maybe mommy should have gone along).




Oh wait, I have ONE picture. Don't they just look excited beyond belief to be at a monster truck show?










Apparently, Grave Digger and Bounty Hunter were the big hits. Drew's favorite part was "when Grave Digger crushed old cars. Whoo-hoo!"



Wow. Maybe I will go next year. Maybe. Probably not.



Alex's special time was a Bob the Builder Show. I heard about the show about three days before the event. Surprisingly, I found tickets online in the fourth row. (I think it's because I only wanted two tickets together).



I had every intention of taking Alex, since Craig and Drew were going to a high school basketball game that night.



Who knew it would be the night of the biggest snow storm of the season? It happened to be the week after I fell on the ice at church (shudder), so I was still paranoid, PLUS the thought of driving an hour each way with bad road conditions was more than I was up for.



Thank goodness for Craig giving up the basketball game and sitting through a Bob the Builder show! (Although the basketball game ended up being canceled due to the snow). Still, I hear, he endured quite a bit of teasing at work. I'm sure all the teasing only helped develop character...Ahem.



Alex, had a great time, and still talks about it.

These pictures are blurry and difficult to see, because somebody forgot their camera in the car and only had his cell phone. (But it's really OK, because I did not have to brave the road conditions that night).






Now, back to the nursery. I think I'm almost ready for this baby! The nesting stage has kicked into high gear at the Yoder household.



I'll post pictures soon!


4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie - - - a couple of things.

First of all, I think the looks on Craig's and Drew's faces say: "Now, just how do we do this self portrait thing???"

And somehow I did NOT know your last name was Yoder!!!! There were lots of people with that name over in Wells County when we lived there.

Keri said...

Yep! Yoder is a very common name around THESE parts! ha :)

I can't WAIT to see the nursery and the NEW BABY!!!!!!

I think my Mom and I should make a road trip to meet you this summer. If you're up to it, that is! Ok now I sound creepy like I just invited myself over! We could meet at a Cracker Barrel or something!

Julie said...

Yep, there's LOTS of Yoder's in our area!

Keri-I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if we could meet! And, NO you don't sound creepy! Maybe we could meet at a Maurice's store. Ha ha.

Katrina said...

Ha ha, I love that Alex was wearing his "Bob the Builder" shirt and construction hat (is that the right term?).