Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let It Snow!

It's starting to look like a winter wonderland around our area. It's snowing now with additional snow forecast for today and tonight. Although, it seems to be snowing ice pellets more than actual snow.


I have pictures of our snow-filled weekend, but the hubby currently has the camera outside. I'm not optimistic our internet will last much longer with the ice. Aaah, the joys of living in the country.


So, instead of blogging about the boys' snow escapades I thought I would post pictures of our oglebay trip we took a few weeks ago during Christmas break.


Craig's parents, sister's family, and our family took a mini-trip to see the Christmas lights and of course, shopping. (Well, the shopping may have been more the women's idea, but still).


Basically, we just wanted to keep the kids happy and occupied during their seventeen day Christmas vacation.


Are you ready for the pictures? Prepare to be amazed.






Umm...yep...that's about it. One lousy picture of the boys vegging out in front of the TV.



Now does everybody believe me when I say I really can't scrapbook? I mean, there's only so much you can do with ONE picture.



Since I don't have pictures to share, here are some random thoughts that occurred to me during our mini-trip:



-I really love hotels (if I can bring my own blanket). Let's face it: hotels blankets? Ewwww! But the fact that I don't have to cook, make my bed, cook, or do laundry? Totally worth it.



-If the hotel states they have an indoor pool, the water temperature should be above 50 degrees. I'm just saying.



-The dinosaur light display at Oglebay was the highlight of the light tour for my children. After that, nothing else was really impressive. Since this was one of the first things we saw, perhaps we should do the tour backwards next year.



-Having a Cabela's close by a main shopping area=great planning by developers. Especially since the hubby entertained the kids there while I went to Target.



-I really, really, really, really heart Target. Especially since I got some oh -so-fabulous Christmas lights at 75% off.



-Six and three year old boys love jumping on hotel beds.



-It doesn't matter if you don't pack any toys. As long as there are objects to jump off of, or make ramps out of, plus a few pillows boys will be more than entertained. You just have to love all of the testosterone in our house.



-The hubby having two weeks off after Christmas-WONDERFUL!!!


-Next time, I really, really need to take more pictures-but I'm still not scrapbooking!

2 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm with you on the not scrapbooking thing. I can't think of much I rather do less.

I think vegging in front of the TV looks like an awesome way to spend the time.

Keri said...

HOW FUN!!!!

I heart Target, too! So much!