Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Christmas List




MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST

1. Toys that put themselves back in the toy cabinet.

2. A Scooba (is that the right word?) that cleans the hardwood floors the way I want them cleaned i.e. scrubbing all the scuffs, stains, and toy marks off. Actually anything would be better than me getting down on my hands and knees to clean the floors!

3. Since we're on the subject of cleaning: someone to do the laundry, the cleaning and the cooking, even if it's just for one week. Oh, and this person wouldn't require payment-because as you all know, I LOVE free!! Hey, this is a Christmas WISH list, a girl can dream, right?.

4. A Maurice's (my favorite store) wardrobe. Actually their whole clothing line would be fine. Well, maybe this gift would have to wait until after the pregnancy.

5. A Siesta Key condo directly on the beach. Now, you didn't think I would get through this post without mentioning Florida, did you?

6. Cookies that automatically bake and frost themselves and last longer than two days. (I made Christmas cutouts earlier this week. What a pain to bake, frost and decorate. It made quite a few cookies. There are THREE left). Obviously, there are some cookie monsters living in this house!

7. Snow that wouldn't require cold temperatures. That's really the reason I don't like snow-I don't like being cold. How many times have I whined about this on my blog?

8. That Pioneer Woman's recipes would not make me gain weight. Since discovering her site, I love her recipes, but my behind does not.

9. Speaking of gaining weight...I wish that if you thought about exercising, it would be like actually exercising. Let's say you wanted to work out for forty-five minutes on the elliptical machine. All you would have to do would be think about working out for forty-five minutes to achieve the same effect.

10. A great husband, two adorable, energetic, imperfect boys, one baby on the way, great friends, a house to live in and food to eat.

Wait, I already have number 10.

Sappy as it may sound, that's really all I want OR need. I have been incredibly blessed. I'll deal with not having my top 9, as long as I have #10.

But, if you happen to hear about toys that walk themselves back to the playroom....





5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

I think it's a very reasonable list!

Julie said...

Thanks Keetha! I thought it was incredibly practical! :) I'm emailing it to the hubby at work today. I'm not sure he'll have the same opinion.

What are you doing up at 3:00 am????
Never mind that I'm typing this comment at 3:30!

Anonymous said...

Julie-do you ever sleep? Why were you up at that hour? Was Alex laying on the CHARM again??!!

Keri said...

I love it!!! I also love your new layout! :)

I also am a fan of Maurices! In fact, I think most of what I wear is Maurices. LOL! Partly because it's the only store in town other than Wal-Mart to buy clothes. haha! Oh wait, I lied. We have Fashion Bug too...I just hardly ever find anything there I like.

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie - - - I was up an hour early that morning because I was headed out for Wisconsin at 4 AM - - - - thus my new blog header picture - - - I'm trying to get the other pictures resized so there will be more WI trip posts coming shortly - - -