Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dreams and Gingerbread Houses




Lately, Drew has been having some highly entertaining dreams while he sleeps at night. This is the dream he was telling me about at breakfast this morning: He was upstairs in his bathroom getting ready to take a shower. When he opened the curtian, he saw Shamu taking a shower in his bathroom. Shamu???? Where did that come from?


He finally convinced Shamu to go downstairs, and as he made his way down the steps, Alex and Craig kept throwing fish at him to keep him happy. I agree, it's important to keep a killer whale happy in your home. When Drew went upstairs again to take his shower (after the Shamu fiasco) there was a boy and his dad in the shower.


What??? I'm thinking maybe a certain six year old should stop eating so many cookies before going to bed at night.


Coincidentally, his three year old brother told us at dinner that he had the SAME EXACT DREAM last night.


It must have been the cookies.


I know, I must be running out of things to blog about if I'm blogging about Shamu in the shower.


In other tidbits of life around our household, this was the day I volunteered to help Drew's kindergarten class make gingerbread houses.


What was I thinking? Not only am I not the star fruit cutter in this house, I'm also not very creative-especially with gingerbread houses.


Yes, I'm talking about the hubby. Rumor has it, growing up he would use a tweezers to decorate Christmas cookies, in order to give them plenty of detail. I'm a little suspicious of eating cookies that a tweezer was used on (blech), but I'm sure the cookies looked beautiful.


Rest assured, friends and family that are reading this and will eat our cookies, I do not use a tweezers to decorate my cookies, or use anything else that has been used to pluck hair from my face.


I'm glad we got that established. Ok, where was I? Oh, right, about the gingerbread houses.


It really was a very cute project. Thanks Mrs. Wallace! I forgot my camera (of course), but I'll let you imagine 13 kindergarteners, frosting, and lots of candy.


Most of them ate as much candy as they put on their houses!


Here is a picture of Drew's house. He is beyond proud of it.





Alex keeps asking when we can eat it.
I'm thinking maybe we should try eating gingerbread houses instead of cookies for a bedtime snack.
Who knows what dreams might happen then?



4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That dream is hysterical!!! Being a dreamer of farout dreams myself, I have complete understanding of how these things can happen. I call it pressure.

And well Drew SHOULD be proud of that gingerbread house!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows, we WASHED the tweezers with hot, soapy water BEFORE using them to decorate the cookies!!
Sheila (aka Craig's sister)

Anonymous said...

C'mon Sheila - I can totally see your Mom using any old tweezers that were close by!! HeHe Jeanne

Keetha Broyles said...

I personally wouldn't care what the tweezers were like - - - either way, I'd eat those cookies right up!!!