Nothing excites my boys more than being able to go to Daddy's work. After all, what isn't to love there? There's lots of dirt, heavy equipment, grease, tools, and of course logs.
Not that they really care about that last one. Mainly it's all about the equipment and the dirt.
Now the office at "daddy's work" is a different story. "That's borwing". This is how a typical conversation goes after daddy comes home from work:
Alex: "What did you do at work today daddy?"
Craig: "Well, I talked on the phone, worked on the computer, talked to grandpa..."
Drew: "Daaady, when are you going to really work? Like work in the shop and fix things?"
Meanwhile, I'm in the background trying hard not to laugh out loud.
You can imagine their excitement when on the occasional Saturday and evening they get to go with Daddy to work and really "work", "like in the shop and fix things."
Tonight was one of those nights. Craig needed to change the oil in my car, and both boys tagged along to "help". Thank you, Craig for being so patient and willing to take them along, even though it probably took you twice as long.
They were beyond excited. This was one of those rare nights where both boys ate dinner like champs and were beyond cooperative in picking up toys. After all, daddy was counting on them to help him.
This is the picture I took as they were walking out the door. The hubby is beyond thrilled that I'm taking a picture for the blog. I think you can almost see his eyes rolling.
Apparently, his attitude rubbed off on Alex:
Umm...excuse me, Alex, I can't see your face.
They had a great time helping their dad and came home dirty and dusty, with huge smiles on their faces.
I'm pretty sure these will be some of their fondest memories some day.
But you know what? I'd guess their favorite part was coming home to fresh baked cookies.
They may be daddy's little helpers, but you just can't beat monster cookies and a glass of milk.
5 comments:
Oh but Craig, thank you for the picture!!! Your wife's adoring blog public LOVED it.
Keetha-I love it! I made sure to point out this comment to him.
I think he said something like "all two of them?"
It's not about the numbers, Craig, it's about the friendships!
Don't worry, I'll get Mr witty himself back. :)
And just how many adoring fans does CRAIG have on HIS blog?? Oh...that's right...I bet he doesn't HAVE a blog so that would be NONE...right??? :) hehehe
This is an adorable post and I love it!! You're so right, what a wonderful Daddy to have the patience to take the boys along for that job!!!
I think Craig is baring his teeth...... he he! At least you haven't started taking candid shots of him for the blog yet... it could be worse!
Keri-I Love it! Yes, you're right. He DOESN"T have a blog, he's not on facebook, I had to secretly add text messaging on his cell phone, now seriously, is he not lucky that I keep him up to date? :)
Post a Comment