Tuesday, October 7, 2008

6 Things Meme


I saw this meme on this blog and thought it would be fun. Here goes:



1. I really don't know anything. Before I had kids I knew tons about raising them. Now that I am a parent, I realize everyday how much I don't know. Oh yes, they keep me very, very humble.

2. Grocery stores are a magnet for meltdowns if you are taking both children. It doesn't matter how well behaved they have been all day, if they are fed, or if they've had a nap. The grocery store will inevitably lead to a meltdown at some point. I've found the odds are slightly more favorable to leave meltdown free if you only take one child. The best scenario? Leave them home with dad.


3. Watching your children adore their father is a very precious thing. I joke all the time about how I do all the work and Craig gets all the glory. Honestly, though, I think it is awesome how much they love their dad. If Craig doesn't wear a coat, then Alex can't either. If Craig wears tennis shoes, Alex and Drew have to wear them also...and on and on it goes. They love their dad to pieces. He's a great father and I couldn't think of anyone better for them to idolize.


4. The days are sometimes long, but the years go by fast. I read this the other day and couldn't agree more. How did we get to the point that we have a six and three year old?


5. Potty training is not for wimps. Drew and Alex both tested every ounce of patience I had. I know, I know, they all learn it eventually. I say that same line when I'm not going through it. When I'm in the trenches of soaked underwear and "accidents" I seem to lose my perspective. Thank goodness we're past this stage for now...


6. Hearing your child's heartbeat for the first time: priceless. Which is what I did today. Yes, with baby #3. Hopefully we'll see this new little bundle on or a little before May 1st.


We are beyond thrilled!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH for #3!! PTL!!
Sheila

P.S. The applesauce passed the family taste test with flying colors.

Anonymous said...

You finally told us!! Yea and congratulations