Sunday, July 20, 2008

Employee of the Month!


My sister Katrina is a social worker at a children's home. She is passionate about what she does and truly loves these children. She often works with troubled teens and takes the time to get to know them and their interests and goals. She recently was selected as employee of the month for her positive attitude, dedication and love.


I don't think she believed me when I told her I was posting this picture on my blog.


Katrina: there should be more people like you out there! I know you are making a difference, and these kids are lucky to have you in their lives.


But, I'm still bitter I had to share a room with you when I was a teenager. Especially since you plastered the room with Jonathon Taylor Thomas pictures.


When you're seventeen and a senior in high school it's just not cool to bring your friends home to a room with an eleven year old sitcom star on the walls.


But I'll forgive you, cause you're pretty cool now.


And you're employee of the month.

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Congratulations, Katrina!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW-LOL. I feel so special to be on your blog. I didn't know I'd get a whole section. And you said such sweet things..until you got to the whole sharing your room part.
I love you!! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I too have "sisters-sharing-a-room" stories!!! Oh you know, like drawing imaginary lines right down the middle of our double bed and telling each other to STAY on your own side - - - and one of us (moi) bein messier than the other and getting little lectures about cleaning up my half of the room - - - and other things like that!!!