Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime Chicken Tacos

This is one of those recipes that screams summertime to our family.

It's easy. It doesn't require turning on an oven. Tasty enough for company, but simple enough for a weeknight.

Did I mention YUMMY????

The best part though? Grilling is my husband's job. So I feel as though I get a night off!

Grilling and taking out the trash. I'm sure we had that in the vows somewhere.

But I digress. Here's the recipe for the marinade:


1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice (I often just use lemon juice)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

(I use 1-2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts)

Marinate chicken in marinade for at least 8 hours. Grill. Cut chicken in strips.

You can assemble the soft tacos however you prefer. I usually grill some peppers and onions to put in the tacos, and have shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa as other options.

Many times I serve these with a side of rice (yes from a box, and if I'm pressed for time I eliminate this side) , caesar salad, fresh fruit, ice cream and lemonade.

An easy summer meal without much effort!

Our family loves this recipe! I hope you enjoy it also!

5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - SHOW US A PICTURE!!!! How can I drool if I can't see or smell it?????

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keetha Broyles said...

We're having lots of thunderstorms here too - - - - -

Maybe next time you'll have a picture of the tacos.

Julie said...

Thanks Keetha! How easy! I don't know why I couldn't figure that out...:) I'll try to get you a picture of the tacos!

Keetha Broyles said...

Yum!!! I'm always UP for pictures of food - - - pictures don't make you fat, unless after looking at them you succomb to the temptation to go GET some food and EAT it!